Extended warranty

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
JBA

Post by JBA »

Imo Porscje shpuld offer a standard 5 year warranty on the basis that its cars are of superior build quality and justify the premium. If Toyota can do it without commercial recourse, I think Porsche should do so too. This will help mitigate and offset brand complacency and cement customer loyalty before the competition begins to catch up. I really do worry that Porsche will face bad times soon if they assume that heritage and pedigree will be enough to steer them through a rapidly changing car market. We're at war with Tesla and also the green anti car lobby ladies and gentlemen!😉😊
Macan GTS Mark 1 - bought new 2017 and sold 2024
Macan GTS Mark 3 - bought new 2024

MikeM

Post by MikeM »

JBA wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:43 pm Imo Porscje shpuld offer a standard 5 year warranty on the basis that its cars are of superior build quality and justify the premium. If Toyota can do it without commercial recourse, I think Porsche should do so too. This will help mitigate and offset brand complacency and cement customer loyalty before the competition begins to catch up. I really do worry that Porsche will face bad times soon if they assume that heritage and pedigree will be enough to steer them through a rapidly changing car market. We're at war with Tesla and also the green anti car lobby ladies and gentlemen!😉😊
I am not aware of any European manufacturer including all of the highest end brands providing greater than 3 years. Even Toyota's premium brand "Lexus" limit to 4 year and only 50k miles whichever the soonest, these 5 and even 7 year warranties are primarily the marketing product of Asian manufacturers in order to gain market acceptance and entry. Would certainly welcome a longer warranty from Porsche but I guess they do not consider there is competition in this area.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
2020. Macan GTS crayon (sold 04/24)
Awaiting delivery
2024. Macan GTS gentian. mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Spud

Post by Spud »

Logically the way I see this is you chance the £216 inspection fee against losing out on the warranty costs if you change the car, I thought I would be keeping my SD for 3+ years , didn’t work like that , personally I wouldn’t take out any warranty until the car was 3 year old and the manufacturer warranty was due to finish. I know the warranty is transferable but I feel it’s not a cost you would get back and most of us would probably trade via a dealer and not privately
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
Orangebulldog

Post by Orangebulldog »

MikeM wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:40 pm
JBA wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:43 pm Imo Porscje shpuld offer a standard 5 year warranty on the basis that its cars are of superior build quality and justify the premium. If Toyota can do it without commercial recourse, I think Porsche should do so too. This will help mitigate and offset brand complacency and cement customer loyalty before the competition begins to catch up. I really do worry that Porsche will face bad times soon if they assume that heritage and pedigree will be enough to steer them through a rapidly changing car market. We're at war with Tesla and also the green anti car lobby ladies and gentlemen!😉😊
I am not aware of any European manufacturer including all of the highest end brands providing greater than 3 years. Even Toyota's premium brand "Lexus" limit to 4 year and only 50k miles whichever the soonest, these 5 and even 7 year warranties are primarily the marketing product of Asian manufacturers in order to gain market acceptance and entry. Would certainly welcome a longer warranty from Porsche but I guess they do not consider there is competition in this area.
On the mainland, Porsche only offers 2 years warranty... Even Land Rover gives us three over here...
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Renault have just reduced their warranty from 4 to 3 years as most of their customers "change by or before 3 years". Presumably he PCP / contract hire timed influence on the bulk of purchases.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
happy days

Post by happy days »

IIRC, VW three year warranty used to be two year factory warranty plus one year dealer warranty.
Macan S D
718 S
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

SAC1 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:48 am Renault have just reduced their warranty from 4 to 3 years as most of their customers "change by or before 3 years". Presumably the PCP / contract hire time influence on the bulk of purchases.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
VanB

Post by VanB »

Porsche provide a 4 year, 50,000 warranty in the US so could do so here if they wanted to.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Orangebulldog wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:25 am
MikeM wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:40 pm
On the mainland, Porsche only offers 2 years warranty... Even Land Rover gives us three over here...
I thought we were on the mainland :roll: :lol:
Previous Porsche’s
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
Awaiting delivery
2024. Macan GTS gentian. mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Spud wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:00 am Logically the way I see this is you chance the £216 inspection fee against losing out on the warranty costs if you change the car, I thought I would be keeping my SD for 3+ years , didn’t work like that , personally I wouldn’t take out any warranty until the car was 3 year old and the manufacturer warranty was due to finish. I know the warranty is transferable but I feel it’s not a cost you would get back and most of us would probably trade via a dealer and not privately
+1👍
Previous Porsche’s
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
Awaiting delivery