cayman Gts or Base carrera

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
reidoo

Post by reidoo »

Hi,Im thinking of changing my Macan Gts for something slightly smaller ,i love it but find its a bit wide when pushing on.
options at the moment are a cayman Gts or a base carrera,both unfortunately for wingco,in racing yellow!!!,Any thoughts?

Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Depends how smaller you want to go. ;-)

Cayman is smaller and lighter compared to Carrera, with strictly two seats, but two boots. The rear tailgate can rattle a bit. The engine is right behind you. The GTS has a naturally aspirated 3.4 l engine, which is a peach. It is a very hands on, connected driving experience, especially the manual version.

Carrera is a bigger and heavier car with one frunk (front boot) and emergency back seats. Not sure which version you are thinking of, if the current turbo charged engine.
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
VanB

Post by VanB »

The two cars are very different and it depends what you are looking for. Cayman GTS is an awesome car, mid engine great handling go-kart like experience. However, as Semerka says it is very small compared to the Macan. I loved every minute of my Cayman.

911 is actually nearly as wide as the Macan and is heavier and less nimble than the Cayman but more spacious and comfortable.

Both great cars but you need to think about the practicalities. I could get all my golf gear in the Cayman but won’t be able to in the 911.

Try driving both and see how they speak to you. Personally I would probably choose a Cayman GTS over a base Carrera just for the fun factor
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
reidoo

Post by reidoo »

Semerka wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:33 pm Depends how smaller you want to go. ;-)

Cayman is smaller and lighter compared to Carrera, with strictly two seats, but two boots. The rear tailgate can rattle a bit. The engine is right behind you. The GTS has a naturally aspirated 3.4 l engine, which is a peach. It is a very hands on, connected driving experience, especially the manual version.

Carrera is a bigger and heavier car with one frunk (front boot) and emergency back seats. Not sure which version you are thinking of, if the current turbo charged engine.
Both would be new so don't think the gts has the 3.4 l engine now.
reidoo

Post by reidoo »

VanB wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:50 pm The two cars are very different and it depends what you are looking for. Cayman GTS is an awesome car, mid engine great handling go-kart like experience. However, as Semerka says it is very small compared to the Macan. I loved every minute of my Cayman.

911 is actually nearly as wide as the Macan and is heavier and less nimble than the Cayman but more spacious and comfortable.

Both great cars but you need to think about the practicalities. I could get all my golf gear in the Cayman but won’t be able to in the 911.

Try driving both and see how they speak to you. Personally I would probably choose a Cayman GTS over a base Carrera just for the fun factor
thanks for the reply,may be a cayman s as I've just received a fantastic offer for the mint green cayman s in Kendal Opc Hmmm
reidoo

Post by reidoo »

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

reidoo wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:11 pm What you reckon guys??http://locator.porsche.com/ipl-customer ... 909&url=uk
Certainly eye catching! :shock: What are they asking for it?
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

reidoo wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:21 pm Hi,Im thinking of changing my Macan Gts for something slightly smaller ,i love it but find its a bit wide when pushing on.
options at the moment are a cayman Gts or a base carrera,both unfortunately for wingco,in racing yellow!!!,Any thoughts?

See my reply to your post on the Carrera T thread.

Another Racing Yellow Porsche sports car would make the world a more beautiful place. ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
reidoo

Post by reidoo »

Wing Commander wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:22 pm
reidoo wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:11 pm What you reckon guys??http://locator.porsche.com/ipl-customer ... 909&url=uk
Certainly eye catching! :shock: What are they asking for it?
69 ish,offering 57k for my gts ,year old on 1st march,only cost £,60,300,
Gts holding its value then guys :D
reidoo

Post by reidoo »

Maybe too bright for you wing commander!!