Courtesy Car

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
spook

Post by spook »

alxgb wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:15 pm
spook wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:37 pm Don't put the frozen shopping in the rear !!!
You mean the croissant warming bay?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
911 C2 Pickup 14th April 2018 :D :D
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJN1HBF2
Pensioner Petrol S - http://www.porsche-code.com/PHMKHZF4 - Deposit place 11/11/14 - Pick up 09/05/16 - SOLD 30/08/17 :-(

happy days

Post by happy days »

Being an owner of a 718S and having had F6 boxsters before, I really don't get this knocking of the four cylinder engine. Sorry, but I just don't.

It isn't worse, just different. I think that people are being swayed by every reviewer who slated the noise when the car was launched, probably as there's absolutely nothing else to slate. There is FULL torque available from 1,950 rpm on the S, so you never have to stretch it out, in any gear a firm prod on the accelerator and whoosh - you're away at warp speed. You don't have to have the engine screaming its head off to enjoy it.

Now don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the two aural bashings that my last boxster gave me at 3,000 rpm and then again at 5,600. Problem is, that when driving along normally, I am not usually in the habit of being at over 5,500 revolutions just to hear the sound. However, this new model is simply superb to drive, it really is a useful sports car and well priced for what you get. As a daily driver (and mine is) there's nothing like it on the market, for me. The balance is simply sublime. It just grips and grips and grips.

They're firm because they're a sports car. SImple. I understand that this mightn't be for everyone, but it is for me. Access into and out of them is the only problem I have as they're so low, And my exhaust doesn't drone at all, so I don't get that point either. Maybe the loan cars have PSE fitted? Mine doesn't and on my morning commute, even at motorway speeds up to around 95, it is simply a pleasure.
Macan S D
718 S
j5kol

Post by j5kol »

So the 50 mile commute went well, although i was unable to test the car in full as the roads were a bit icy. The drive is incredible, i like the noise the engine produces, kinda get used to it. I did have a moment where it decided to wheelspin at approx 60mph on the motorway, but i think that was due to me being a bit keen on the accelerator. It really is a head turner and think it has raised a few eyebrows in the office this morning, the wheels do make a difference to the overall appeal of this particular version.

Would i have one, yes definitely, but it would have to be a second car :-(
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Glad you're enjoying it, j5kol! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
j5kol

Post by j5kol »

I would be interested to see how it compares to a 911 ?
antsjey

Post by antsjey »

After about 5-6 weeks of Macan Turbo PP ownership, my dealer gave me this as a loaner as they had nothing else lying around.
This was a terrible thing as it's really given me a 911 disease that I need to get rid of!! :D :lol:

20171113_144419.jpg

Retired

Post by Retired »

happy days wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:29 am Being an owner of a 718S and having had F6 boxsters before, I really don't get this knocking of the four cylinder engine. Sorry, but I just don't.

It isn't worse, just different. I think that people are being swayed by every reviewer who slated the noise when the car was launched, probably as there's absolutely nothing else to slate. There is FULL torque available from 1,950 rpm on the S, so you never have to stretch it out, in any gear a firm prod on the accelerator and whoosh - you're away at warp speed. You don't have to have the engine screaming its head off to enjoy it.

Now don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the two aural bashings that my last boxster gave me at 3,000 rpm and then again at 5,600. Problem is, that when driving along normally, I am not usually in the habit of being at over 5,500 revolutions just to hear the sound. However, this new model is simply superb to drive, it really is a useful sports car and well priced for what you get. As a daily driver (and mine is) there's nothing like it on the market, for me. The balance is simply sublime. It just grips and grips and grips.

They're firm because they're a sports car. SImple. I understand that this mightn't be for everyone, but it is for me. Access into and out of them is the only problem I have as they're so low, And my exhaust doesn't drone at all, so I don't get that point either. Maybe the loan cars have PSE fitted? Mine doesn't and on my morning commute, even at motorway speeds up to around 95, it is simply a pleasure.
+1 on this.

I test drove Cayman 718s with and without PSE before buying, Went without PSE as I found the PSE equipped cars had a less pleasant exhaust note.

Love the car and, as above, it's a daily driver. If I had to pick something I don't like about the car it would be road roar. On coarse road surfaces there is just too much road noise. Less coarse and it's fine. Suspect 20" wheels are the problem, but they do look good!
gtipirelli

Post by gtipirelli »

That 911 convertible looks great
Cayenne E Hybrid
718 Cayman S
Previous : Macan 2.0
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

antsjey wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:12 am After about 5-6 weeks of Macan Turbo PP ownership, my dealer gave me this as a loaner as they had nothing else lying around.
This was a terrible thing as it's really given me a 911 disease that I need to get rid of!! :D :lol:
Very nice 991.2 Cabriolet! The nicest loan car I've seen!

They know what they're doing, these OPCs! ;)

How long before you jump to a 911...?! :twisted:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
antsjey

Post by antsjey »

Wing Commander wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:48 am
antsjey wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:12 am After about 5-6 weeks of Macan Turbo PP ownership, my dealer gave me this as a loaner as they had nothing else lying around.
Very nice 991.2 Cabriolet! The nicest loan car I've seen!

They know what they're doing, these OPCs! ;)

How long before you jump to a 911...?! :twisted:
Yeah it was pretty nice! They obviously prey on the weak haha!

So, if they find a 911 C4 GTS slot at the end of the year we may be having a conversation :D :lol: