End of the Macan diesel

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Col M

Post by Col M »

Guy wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:49 pm
Hawkeye wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:25 pm Bizarrely, I was thinking about just that the other day. How complex and expensive would it be to convert a diesel to petrol?
Of course it's not just confined to the engine bay: Exhaust, fuel system, rev counter (hence dash removal/refitiing). Then of course we'd be able to 're-purpose' the AdBlue tank! Having been used to the range, I'd want an extra 21 litres of petrol! :lol:
Washer bottle for rear camera!
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble

Paul

Post by Paul »

Col M wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:05 pm
Guy wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:49 pm
Hawkeye wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:25 pm Bizarrely, I was thinking about just that the other day. How complex and expensive would it be to convert a diesel to petrol?
Of course it's not just confined to the engine bay: Exhaust, fuel system, rev counter (hence dash removal/refitiing). Then of course we'd be able to 're-purpose' the AdBlue tank! Having been used to the range, I'd want an extra 21 litres of petrol! :lol:
Washer bottle for rear camera!
👍
Hadn’t realised how sh1tty mine had become - gave it a quick wipe with a tissue before setting off this morning - revelation!
I’d forgotton I had a rear camera to be honest!
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

"Porsche is ending production of all its diesel models – so used Macan diesels might soon be in high demand."

www.whatcar.com/porsche/macan/4x4/used-review/
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

I’m sure they will... however mixed messages are coming out . They will never produce again ... or they might.... I just phoned 2 different Opc s this morning, one telling me , “ Its just a break... until the software update is approved,( I thought it had not meet the requirements so was basically void) the other told me there might be another one but who knows, at the moment we can’t sell them. However if I was hoping to shift the car I would be saying “ Yes there will be another one” to gain confidence. I hope they do retain there prices I love them., and if this is the situation I might just might be tempted.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Mistertoad

Post by Mistertoad »

How about an electric Macan?

Screen Shot 2018-02-23 at 16.23.38.png

2015 Cayenne S - Sold
2016 718 Boxster - Sold
2016 Bentley Continental GT V8 S
Col M

Post by Col M »

2.9l hybrid for me in 2020? Would accept electric if came with free install of charging point and barrier to ensure my space was free...or guaranteed 560mile range
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
steve w

Post by steve w »

Imo for what it’s worth I’m pleased we PX our SD for a GTS,it’s in another league to the SD and I feel a lot of SD owners are in for a shock come trade in time,not what Porsche owners expected when making such a expensive purchase .
SteveW
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Maybe SD owners would be interested in seeing what Trade In prices are offered and would like to share with us the results?
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

I have a real example. Have got various trade in prices for my Oct ‘16 SD over last few weeks. Was just under £60k new and prices range from £42k to a new high of £48k. The high end of that range is from an independent who simply want to buy the car irrespective of a related purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Forgot to mention, car has done 7k miles and was just thinking at the weekend, it’s still pretty much like new inside and out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.