End of the Macan diesel

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Mistertoad

Post by Mistertoad »

johnd wrote: ↑Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:13 am Difficult to see how they'll meet their overall CO2 target without diesels, unless there's a huge effort to bring forward hybrids and Mission E asap - in other words maybe to launch them before they're properly ready.
They are well on the way to doing just that.
2015 Cayenne S - Sold
2016 718 Boxster - Sold
2016 Bentley Continental GT V8 S

nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

At only 15% of total sales, compared to 67% of Audi total sales, Porsche dropping diesel shouldn't prove unduly problematic to their CO2 levels I wouldn't think?

I'm intrigued to see what will happen to residuals, as the market overall is still a long way off making finding a diesel pump, like some kind of treasure hunt?
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S
JBA

Post by JBA »

Maybe Porsche don't care about CO2...and why should they, given it's a non toxic, harmless trace gas that helps vegetation and greenery survive. On the other hand maybe they and everyone should worry because apparently,it will be the end of our planet otherwiseπŸ˜‚ (or perhaps the end of big profit for those invested in renewable energyπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚). I think the truth is coming out on the credibility of the man made climate change theory; car manufacturers, badly burnt by the regulations aligned to it, are planning for the day the whole CO2 reduction obsession is kicked into touch. Good bye and good riddance I say and long live the performance car that growls majestically as it fills its internals with glorious fossil fuelπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Macan GTS Mark 1 - bought new 2017 and sold 2024
Macan GTS Mark 3 - bought new 2024
JBA

Post by JBA »

Maybe Porsche don't care about CO2...and why should they, given it's a non toxic, harmless trace gas that helps vegetation and greenery survive. On the other hand maybe they and everyone should worry because apparently,it will be the end of our planet otherwiseπŸ˜‚ (or perhaps the end of big profit for those invested in renewable energyπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚). I think the truth is coming out on the credibility of the man made climate change theory; car manufacturers, badly burnt by the regulations aligned to it, are planning for the day the whole CO2 reduction obsession is kicked into touch. Good bye and good riddance I say and long live the performance car that growls majestically as it fills its internals with glorious fossil fuelπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Macan GTS Mark 1 - bought new 2017 and sold 2024
Macan GTS Mark 3 - bought new 2024
Saffa

Post by Saffa »

JBA wrote: ↑Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:49 pm Maybe Porsche don't care about CO2...and why should they, given it's a non toxic, harmless trace gas that helps vegetation and greenery survive. On the other hand maybe they and everyone should worry because apparently,it will be the end of our planet otherwiseπŸ˜‚ (or perhaps the end of big profit for those invested in renewable energyπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚). I think the truth is coming out on the credibility of the man made climate change theory; car manufacturers, badly burnt by the regulations aligned to it, are planning for the day the whole CO2 reduction obsession is kicked into touch. Good bye and good riddance I say and long live the performance car that growls majestically as it fills its internals with glorious fossil fuelπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Seriously?
http://www.porsche-code.com/PHEPZN21 delivered May 2017, sold Sept 2019
Paul

Post by Paul »

Saffa wrote: ↑Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:38 am
JBA wrote: ↑Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:49 pm Maybe Porsche don't care about CO2...and why should they, given it's a non toxic, harmless trace gas that helps vegetation and greenery survive. On the other hand maybe they and everyone should worry because apparently,it will be the end of our planet otherwiseπŸ˜‚ (or perhaps the end of big profit for those invested in renewable energyπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚). I think the truth is coming out on the credibility of the man made climate change theory; car manufacturers, badly burnt by the regulations aligned to it, are planning for the day the whole CO2 reduction obsession is kicked into touch. Good bye and good riddance I say and long live the performance car that growls majestically as it fills its internals with glorious fossil fuelπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Seriously?
...with the number of β€œ lols” πŸ˜‚ presumably not Saffa.....πŸ˜‰
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Reluctantly came to the same conclusion.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

:oops: Sorry wrong topic post!
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
GuyW

Post by GuyW »

The Law of Unintended Consequences is strong here. Diesel caught on because regulators were worried about CO2 emissions, and then the focus turned to cheating on the testing (although in Europe at least they weren't cheating as they were allowed to have a cheat mode!). Then the focus switched to NOx, and diesel became the devils fuel. Some German cities are trying to ban diesel!!

So hybrids were born with an mpg of over 100. But the reality of the Panamera e-hybrid is that unless you charge it and use it as an electric, the consumption is still around 20mpg. And it takes more CO2 to make the car.
Spud

Post by Spud »

I know that the Diesel Macan will soon be a rare breed and a collectors item but just looked on Autotrader and think i'll keep mine, the below is listed at Β£339,500 (o:

Porsche Macan 3.0 TD V6 S PDK AWD 5dr

Agate Grey, Massive Spec, FPSH
2014 (64 reg) |
SUV |
50,540 miles |
3.0L |
258bhp |
Automatic |
Diesel

Porsche Macan S Diesel in Agate Grey 2014 /64 50,540 miles Massive Spec (see …

Private seller

waterlooville - 151 miles away

Β£339,500
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1