All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Weatherald

Post by Weatherald »

Beware. Grim reapers are about 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Neil

Doolster

Post by Doolster »

I drive 20,000 miles a year and am 16k into my Macan SD, petrol isn't a viable alternative for me and I suspect that will be the case for many other Macan owners. Having had the pleasure of driving the Macan, I'd struggle to find an alternative diesel.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

When I as chatting at my OPC today, the feeling definitely seemed to be that they have stopped diesel Macan production ‘for now’. It seems as widely written about, changes could be made quickly enough to the existing Diesel engine. Maybe we’ll see a Macan diesel in the future with an all new engine? SE was still pretty upbeat about diesel residuals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
PSEE

Post by PSEE »

Who put the DIE in diesel?!?

:o

I sold my BMW 335d a few months ago, in part because of concerns related to the
negative press diesel's had been receiving. The other part had to do with owning
both it and a Macan Turbo. Too many vehicles not getting driven enough to justify
owning both. I do miss those 35+ MPG numbers, however the MT is an awesome
ride.

:D
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Macan and Cayenne sales will plummet without a diesel engine or suitable replacement.
happy days

Post by happy days »

I was toying with the idea of replacing our McCann as it has over 30k on in in just a tad over a year of use. However, with no diesel option available new, it looks like we'll be hanging on to this one...
Macan S D
718 S
Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

From this BBC article:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43211946

"Carmakers including VW-owned Porsche and Toyota have also signalled they will move away from diesel technology."

Can't see them leaving diesel completely unless they are hoping electric, in some form, takes its place.
GTS \o/ - sold :(
Paul

Post by Paul »

.....one key phrase....

”That's a problem for the industry, because while diesels produce high levels of nitrogen oxide - a major urban pollutant - they emit relatively low levels of carbon dioxide, a greenhouse gas.
So moves to control one environmental problem may end up undermining efforts to combat another”

Politicians knee jerking (again / still) with a vague hope that something else (electric) will magically and immediately replace the millions of existing cars and infrastructures which has taken decades to put in place.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
rossman999

Post by rossman999 »

currently we have a choice polar bears or small children

Personally I think there is too many humans in the world so long live the polar bears and diesel torque

Note wrote in (partial) jest
Tesla 3LR
Macan SD gone :-(
997 C4S gone :-(
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

rossman999 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:15 pm currently we have a choice polar bears or small children

Personally I think there is too many humans in the world so long live the polar bears and diesel torque

Note wrote in (partial) jest
Echoes of Jonathan Swift. 😋😋
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀