End of the Macan diesel

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 1895

Post by Deleted User 1895 »

My £59k 4000 mile SD was registered in October 2017 and, having had issues with it (see my 3 Month Report article), I have made extensive attempts to sell it. I guess I had 10 offers, the best of which was £47k from the OPC (Bristol) who sold it to me. That's £12k depreciation in 5 months! I've given it to the missus and bought myself a BMW 640D. Still a diesel, I know, but I think the media frenzy over diesel will die away, especially if they look at the facts of Euro 6 diesels emissions versus petrol.

Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Iv got a 640d amazing engine and beautiful coupe wich I am reluctantly selling

D25AA4C8-25D0-4405-88EC-4F34B7BC625C.jpeg

7A37BDF2-55A2-4576-8C92-27E0448DC951.jpeg

Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Deleted User 1895

Yes, I agree on both counts: the engine marries perfectly with the gearbox, unlike the SD, and it is the most beautiful car. I have now got the Gran Coupe, having previously owned a 2011 Coupe and a 2015 Convertible. But the Macan is a completely different car and doesn't make a sensible comparison. I do love the classy Macan interior (in Luxor Beige) but it's the diesel engine set up that drives me mad at low speeds and from standstill (at roundabouts etc.) where the 640D easily out performs it in terms of smoothness and quick getaway. Of course, the Macan performs better in Sport mode but then you get the annoying higher engine revs and lower fuel economy. Each to his own...
Deleted User 1895

Lovely Coupe of yours, by the way. My latest is a white one, too. Is that a 62 plate? How many miles have you done in it? (Apologies to other forum users, I do know this is a Macan forum not a 6 series forum :-)
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

derekm wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:28 am (Apologies to other forum users, I do know this is a Macan forum not a 6 series forum :-)

We'll let you off! ;)

It's not a 911, or Panamera, or Cayman, or Boxster forum either, but... :lol:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Macananon

Post by Macananon »

Derekm

How does the handling of the BMW compare with the Macan. It's has rear wheel steer I believe?
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Hi, yes it’s a 62 plate.. non facelift. They are not 4 wheel steer, obviously it a totally different drive to the Macan, however I got one of the extremely rare Dynamic control variants, which was a 3.5k option! And completely transforms the car over the standard model.The Macan disel will out handle it in certain conditions. The Macan is smoother, but not as quiet. Back to Macans . Back to the forum I can’t wait for my GTS 😄.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Deleted User 1895

Macananon wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:46 am Derekm

How does the handling of the BMW compare with the Macan. It's has rear wheel steer I believe?
Yes, the 6 series is rear wheel drive. The handling of the Macan, especially for an SUV, is a revelation. When you push it, which I only do occasionally, it handles much better than the 6 series. The latter is much more the Grand Tourer type of car but it's fine for every day driving and, with the Variable Damper Control, is pretty respectable in Sport mode. I have air suspension on the Macan and it glides along serenely. Some folks criticise the 6 series as being "choppy" on the run flat tyres but I've never noticed that. Thus, the Macan wins on handling, the 6 series wins on throttle response but the latter is more important to me.
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

OPC Solihull have just knocked £4K off a 3k mile SD, they had up for £63k. A sign of the weakening of SD residuals, following the dropping of the model? Hold onto your hats!
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀