End of the Macan diesel

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

I think it is all a bit strange. They've been gone from the confuserator for days before any announcement. It smells of a snap decision that someone has spent days trying unsuccessfully to put a cultural spin on.
I think it will be moderately good for residuals short term. After a while the used cars in existence will not be competing with new production so no difference.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)

Spud

Post by Spud »

MCDK wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:01 pm Will most certainly be negative for SD residuals as many potential buyers will shy away given the manufacturer have withdrawn the model. It will also make the Macan more exclusive as some potential buyers will not want to buy petrol given the higher running costs.

I'm in Northern Ireland where traditionally this is diesel car country and petrols have been frowned upon. Even with the current bad publicity diesels do seem to sell ok as people have always had diesel and like the economy. However the Belfast Porsche dealer will no longer have a diesel car to sell so that has to reduce their sales. Interestingly at the moment on the local used cars sales website there are 8 or 9 Macans for sale in the whole country, only one of those is a petrol model. Hence my thought that a Macan may become a rarer sight over here which is fine by me.

Makes me very glad I chose the GTS.
I really can’t make my mind up which way it will go, last month when I was thinking of moving the SD on the figure I was being quoted by non Porsche dealers made me think no I’ll hang on, then the OPC emailed me and asked if I was still interested in a GTS, I said yes but I was holding on as I was being offered poor money for the SD, anyway the OPC made me an offer of over 21% more than others, I couldn’t say no, surely there is always going to be a good secondhand market for quality Diesel SUV,s, it’s not like you are talking of something that is going to obsolete and can’t get parts for etc, like I said I just don’t know which way it will go but it is concerning
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Sounds like you got a good deal there Spud. Which OPC was that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Spud

Post by Spud »

Hawkeye wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:58 pm Sounds like you got a good deal there Spud. Which OPC was that?

Nottingham, even managed a small discount on the GTS, Really enjoy dealing with this dealership , my Adblue wanted topping up , second time in 18,000 miles, took it in today and they did it no problems, it makes a change in this day and age to get such good service and yet I know various members on the forum are not to impressed with the dealership
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

What's the future for this terrific Panamera and the other 28 Gen 2 listed on Autotrade?

3639A4F1-0FA8-4116-935E-2691ACD1CB8E.png

"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
Noggieboxa

Post by Noggieboxa »

From AutoExpress 20 Feb 18:

"Diesel powered versions of both the Panamera and Macan SUV have now been cut from the line-up – Porsche confirming that the final Macan S Diesel rolled off the firm’s production line last week, with all outstanding customer orders for the vehicle completed."
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Bigboyrolo wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:36 pm What's the future for this terrific Panamera and the other 28 Gen 2 listed on Autotrade?
3639A4F1-0FA8-4116-935E-2691ACD1CB8E.png
The future for that car and similar is either a bit of a discount to tempt a buyer or more likely they hope to find a niave buyer who doesn't know diesel production has stopped and is delighted to find an immediate delivery car ready to go that the dealer seems very keen to sell to him.
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Or jump in quick because when they are gone they are gone?
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Paul

Post by Paul »

Tom 2000 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:17 am Or jump in quick because when they are gone they are gone?
👍👍!
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Spoke with my dealer this morning to get a sense of where they see the market going. Their view was that there is still a good demand for diesel SUVs and that they expect residuals to firm up.

They didn’t want to overplay this message suggesting they might dramatically rise, but they were optimistic which is encouraging.

I also got a call yesterday from an independent dealer I’ve been speaking to who just increased their offer on my car by £2k, but don’t know if any connection.

No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.