End of the Macan diesel

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

I have in the last two days seen 2x SD ‘s low mileage good spec sell on autotrader for 45/46 k there is also a nice white 6k with air /sunroof for 45k I bet it will sell quickly .....I’m sure there will still be a market for them. It’s one of those cars I desperately wanted... but will never own :(
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊

Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

I have in the last two days seen 2x SD ‘s low mileage good spec sell on autotrader for 45/46 k there is also a nice white 6k with air /sunroof for 45k I bet it will sell quickly .....I’m sure there will still be a market for them. It’s one of those cars I desperately wanted... but will never own :(
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
steve w

Post by steve w »

Thought our first Macan SD was a brilliant SUV but in some ways pleased I changed it for a GTS,the Diesel issues seem to be rightly or wrongly having a negative effect throughout the motor industry with diesel sales dropping because of lack of demand which IMO will filter through to the used car market and effect residuals,
We don’t seem to have heard from LUKE recently,he always seemed to be in the knowledge about what was going on at PORSCHE ? I’m sure he’ll have some info regarding the Diesel debate.
SteveW
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

I’m curious. Surely the legislation that’s driving these decisions hasn’t just been thrown into the ring and manufacturers surely knew what was required in good time. So why do we have Porsche and whoever else suddenly dropping products like hit bricks?
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
steve w

Post by steve w »

IMO I can’t see this being anything other than detrimental to SD residuals ,seems more buyers are shying away from diesels from several manufacturers probably LR will have to stick with them as it’s their mainstay throughout their range.
SteveW
johnd

Post by johnd »

nsm3 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:40 pm If this goes seriously the wrong way for residuals, Porsche have sold me their last car?

They very possibly have for me simply because there's not another Porsche model, at least in the current range, that I'd consider buying. Or, to out it another way, that suits my driving requirements, ie smaller performance SUV that can achieve close to a real 25mpg. (25mpg not for financial reasons but as my gesture towards environmental concerns - it's only a gesture I know and I'm certainly not deep green but that's my personal red line - just to mix up my colour palette :mrgreen: :oops: ).
Macan SD (Rhodium) www.porsche-code.com/PH4H6XU3 June 2016

Real mpg at Fuelly
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

Hawkeye wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:56 pm It’s so hard to know what the impact will be on residuals for us Macan SD owners and if it would make sense to trade out of the car just because of the uncertainty if you weren’t looking to change anyway.

From my perspective, I’m mostly happy with my car and have had no DPF issues, so it would only be that seed of doubt (or the pull of a 911) prompting the change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
None of us know how this will work out for any diesel Porsche, although I have a feelng it will be neutral to positive. There are no operational issues with these excellent models, just annoying intervention from bureaucrats. Although am pleased I'm not a dealer holding stock. I sold my SD after 5 months of ownership, due to my concerns. A real shame because it was all I ever really wanted from a car, and mine was very well specced.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
Scott Cowan

Post by Scott Cowan »

Mike and his Macan wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:00 pm I have in the last two days seen 2x SD ‘s low mileage good spec sell on autotrader for 45/46 k there is also a nice white 6k with air /sunroof for 45k I bet it will sell quickly .....I’m sure there will still be a market for them. It’s one of those cars I desperately wanted... but will never own :(
Some time next month my "stopgap" Sapphire blue Macan SD (pano roof & 21" Turbo alloys, bi-xenons, black window trim) first registered 1st September 2017 with what will be less than 3.5k miles will be handed back to Glasgow OPC. Not highly specced, could come in 2nd hand under £40k.. could be wrong of course.
Manual 992 GT3 Touring (due January 2024)
2014 LR Defender 110 JE Engineering restomod 4.8L V8
BMW 330E (my wife's car)
Macan Turbo
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Will most certainly be negative for SD residuals as many potential buyers will shy away given the manufacturer have withdrawn the model. It will also make the Macan more exclusive as some potential buyers will not want to buy petrol given the higher running costs.

I'm in Northern Ireland where traditionally this is diesel car country and petrols have been frowned upon. Even with the current bad publicity diesels do seem to sell ok as people have always had diesel and like the economy. However the Belfast Porsche dealer will no longer have a diesel car to sell so that has to reduce their sales. Interestingly at the moment on the local used cars sales website there are 8 or 9 Macans for sale in the whole country, only one of those is a petrol model. Hence my thought that a Macan may become a rarer sight over here which is fine by me.

Makes me very glad I chose the GTS.
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

MCDK wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:01 pm Will most certainly be negative for SD residuals as many potential buyers will shy away given the manufacturer have withdrawn the model. It will also make the Macan more exclusive as some potential buyers will not want to buy petrol given the higher running costs.

I'm in Northern Ireland where traditionally this is diesel car country and petrols have been frowned upon. Even with the current bad publicity diesels do seem to sell ok as people have always had diesel and like the economy. However the Belfast Porsche dealer will no longer have a diesel car to sell so that has to reduce their sales. Interestingly at the moment on the local used cars sales website there are 8 or 9 Macans for sale in the whole country, only one of those is a petrol model. Hence my thought that a Macan may become a rarer sight over here which is fine by me.

Makes me very glad I chose the GTS.
I would think it will hit Belfast's sales volumes just at a time they've moved into bigger premises to cope with the much higher sales that SUVs had brought. The petrol SUVs are great as I can testify, but most wont countenance the consumption.
What all this does show is that the only way manufactures were getting their diesels through emission tests was cheating to a lesser or greater extent which VW it seems was the worst, so now they have to pass tests without cheats they cant.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50