Thinking of Selling Your Porsche ?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Caster

Post by Caster »

Just received this e-mail today from my local OPC. Quite interesting, especially seeing as they were launched in April 2014 if anyone, as he asks, has got a Macan over 4 years old!

Anyone else got something similar? Can they be running out of good 2nd hand Macan stock, pre-empting diesel production ceasing + maybe trade in deals getting better etc??

"Dear Caster

You might be interested to know that we are currently looking to increase our stock of Porsche Approved Pre-Owned cars. The model we are looking for in particular is Macan, up to seven years old.

If you are considering part-exchanging or selling your Porsche in the near future, please contact me. We would be happy to organise a no obligation, professional appraisal and valuation of your car.
If you would like to discuss this further, please contact xxxxx by phone or email.

Yours sincerely

xxxxxxxx
Porsche Approved Pre-Owned Buyer"
Last edited by Caster on Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave

Macan SD - Volcano Grey (with mudflaps) :D

VanB

Post by VanB »

With the factory shut down I guess OPCs are relying on moving a fair bit of used stock (at vastly inflated prices). Suspect it's a standard letter with the model dropped in from their database
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
The Bairn

Post by The Bairn »

Think it’s fairly standard, had one of these every so often for a few years now.
Ordered 19th September '14
http://www.porsche-code.com/PFSWD9B5
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

The more they have the more they can control the market price... good if you are selling , bad for buying!
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
IainSmith

Post by IainSmith »

Caster

Did you get it from OPC Leeds? I got one from Mike as well.

For me it annoyed me actually given the fact that on Friday at 6.300pm the service manager emailed to say they are not taking my noise issue any further as it’s ‘normal’ and ‘nothing to worry about’ and they hope I continue to enjoy my macan.
Caster

Post by Caster »

Hi Iain - yes, it came from Mike at Leeds OPC.

Sorry to hear about your noise issue - not aware of what it is but sad they can't fix it and can see why you'd be annoyed re e-mail.

Probably not of any comfort but I had a rattle coming from passenger door a couple of days after picking my SD up. Went in without an appointment and they fixed it within half an hour + got some great treatment from Sandeep in Service when I had a recent DPF issue.
Dave

Macan SD - Volcano Grey (with mudflaps) :D
JBA

Post by JBA »

My GTS coming up to 1 year old and just received letter from local OPC asking me to come in to discuss my next Porsche. I do get the impression there is high femand for petrol Macans and Porsche do a good trade in first 3 years - then again more experienced Porsche customers will know for sure (perhaps Diesels too, they're brilliant too).
Macan GTS Mark 1 - bought new 2017 and sold 2024
Macan GTS Mark 3 - bought new 2024
gw76

Post by gw76 »

Ive got a Macan S Petrol MY15. Im trying to decide whether to sell and get a current model GTS or hang on until refresh. Warranty, MOT, Roadside Assistance all ot in April.
They apparently have pre specd and new build slots available for April delivery. Factory closure mentioned.
Not sure what to do 😦
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

gw76 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:21 pm Ive got a Macan S Petrol MY15. Im trying to decide whether to sell and get a current model GTS or hang on until refresh. Warranty, MOT, Roadside Assistance all ot in April.
They apparently have pre specd and new build slots available for April delivery. Factory closure mentioned.
Not sure what to do 😦
Snap! Interesting to hear of the April slots. 🤔
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

I've sold two cars to Mike - he is really good to deal with.
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S