Insurance inconsistencies

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
N13LXC

Post by N13LXC »

This has probably been covered before, but been pulling some quotes this afternoon for the imminent arrival (car is at the dock!)

Got a few quotes from direct line and noticed that the macan tpp isnt listed as a 2018 car, so i added the macan tpp exlusive to see what came up. It returned a quote of c. £750. I then spotted the macan tpp as a 2017 car (year of manufacture) so I played about, kept the deets the same and got a quote of c.£1500...

Now I’m no statistician, but surely a macan with 440 bhp is a macan with 440 bhp, and the risk will be similar across that range. If not, the exclusive would be more desirable and likely be more expensive to insure...

Madness, and we wonder how people get caught up in insurance fraud.

Thoughts on a postcard on this one, please...any point in discussing this with an insurer? Not one to just plead ignorance (especially after calling it out on a forum!) 😂
Current: 991.2 GTS, Gtd
Previous: Macan TPP, C350e, B8 RS4 Nogaro, Tiguan, S3, A1, B8 RS4, A5 cab, Golf GTTDI x2, RS Clio 197, TT Cab 1.8T, RS Clio 182, Megane 1.5 dci, Clio 1.5 dci, Astra Merit 1.6 d

spook

Post by spook »

I've found with Aviva if you put in the correct vehicle details ( you may not have the actual reg number yet) you get a quote.

However when you put the actual registration number in, even the same day (system comes up with the same vehicle details) but It could be £100 - £150 more, when questioned standard answer, sorry it's the system !!
911 C2 Pickup 14th April 2018 :D :D
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJN1HBF2
Pensioner Petrol S - http://www.porsche-code.com/PHMKHZF4 - Deposit place 11/11/14 - Pick up 09/05/16 - SOLD 30/08/17 :-(
Paul

Post by Paul »

Same with NFU - tried to get a quote for Mrs P’s TTS when I took the 428 off cover this week... £100 more for the remaining 6 months!
Now I appreciate the TTS might be a shade quicker...but effectivly £200 more on the annual premium... (of £280....) ..come on!
I’ll wait until it’s being taxed and ask again.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
eakae

Post by eakae »

I’m going through the same exercise for the same reason. TPP (2017) but no TPP (2018) or Turbo with Power Pack [note: not performance pack.] and Turbo exc. Power Pack but both with 440bhp! Easy for the insurance company to say your insurance isn’t valid because you’ve specified the wrong car!!

BTW, Admiral has so far come up as the cheapest. LV wasn’t competitive for me, NFU cut the conversation short when I gave them my post code and Axa said the car was too expensive for them to insure.... My only issue with Admiral is that i’ve seen comments suggesting their policy isn’t very good. Who knows 🤔
Current: Defender V8 CE
Sold: Macan Turbo PP
Back to OPC: Cayenne
Back to OPC: Macan Turbo
Paul

Post by Paul »

Had a pain free, successful claim with Admiral on my SD in 2015 when a car park post jumped out at my rear bumper 😳
Had to work a little bit to get my choice of repairer but no real issues - hope this helps.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
N13LXC

Post by N13LXC »

Admiral were cheapest for me too, but I think I'll go with Aviva. they have a good mid ranged price, and actually found the car so no worry on giving them an out should the worst happen...I've got a horrible record just now (2x 3 points and a claim), so giving them nothing to get out of a claim is in my interest....
Current: 991.2 GTS, Gtd
Previous: Macan TPP, C350e, B8 RS4 Nogaro, Tiguan, S3, A1, B8 RS4, A5 cab, Golf GTTDI x2, RS Clio 197, TT Cab 1.8T, RS Clio 182, Megane 1.5 dci, Clio 1.5 dci, Astra Merit 1.6 d
Col M

Post by Col M »

With Admiral by default, as I was for my previous car, before getting the Macan this November. Main main issue is insistence on using Autoglass. Despite the £94 repair bill after a screen replacement and the note that I wanted to use my OPC next time. I was told yesterday "Oh! You should have be told then that we're happy with that...but we only pay out £50 if you don't use AutoAss". Interestingly another comment was "well one good thing is your car is under 3 years old...so it will be Porsche glass".
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
GeoffH

Post by GeoffH »

I just don't understand their business model - if they have one:
First year with Macan - went with Aviva at £531.
Second year: Aviva wanted £645. NFU only £291 so not surprisingly went with them.
Third year (i.e. now) Aviva came back to me with a quote of £380 (even cheaper than two years ago). NFU only a £5 increase to £296.
It all seems to be a game and it pays to shop around (mind you I'd avoid some companies as I've heard of horrendous claims experiences!)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PF8MVM34
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

It's a game. Attract the cheap premium chasers in the hope that a good % of them stick when the premiums go up.

Well of course it's not hope either, they have the data to show what makes sense.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

I use 3 companies across 5 vehicles. 3 with Admiral, 1 with Sheila's Wheels (e.sure), 1 with Quote Me Happy (aviva). Always use comparison sites, be aware mostly owned by insurance companies e.g. Confused is part of Admiral, not a problem though just check with more than 1 site. Fortunately my only experience of claims has been with Admiral for a Land Rover windscreen, the service was on line and very efficient. From experience I now never go with the multicar policies as they seem to only be competitive for the first year and it takes an age to review and unwind them, I think this is where many users can be caught at renewal. Post code is a big factor but always recommend once your research is completed call your chosen provider and haggle. 🤑
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian. Delivery update mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6