Spec change/colour wheels....New GTS ordered!

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Mike and his Macan wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:59 pm Thanks all... Northandy, was the Panamera in Silverstone ,as they had the same car there today.. agree looked stunning.. SE told me that that colour can show swirl marks, he knows that I am a perfectionist... but not entirely convinced Volcano will be different.
You SE’s knowledge is very limited.

All colours can show swirls, proper paint preperation and aftercare result in no swirls.

18 months into ownership of my Met Black Macan and zero swirls.

I am no perfectionist, just very careful in how I prep, wash and dry my car.

Get the colour you want and not what the SE wants you to get.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

You have certainly done well with a black car with no swirl marks... have you had your Macan ceramic coated? I’m thinking about getting the wheels done, haven’t decided on body work yet, as I keep all my cars pretty close new condition, and have managed so far without any expensive coatings.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Craig Porter

Post by Craig Porter »

more noticeable! Mike great choice on the Volcano and hope your not on the configurator tonight!!!
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Oh dear Col said bad things about our new friend on the inside :oops:
Craig Porter

Post by Craig Porter »

No offence taken, full paint correction and a GTECHNIQ :roll:
Mike and his Macan

I’m trying cold turkey.... :shock: :shock: :shock: ... , possibly thinking I’ll get the wheels protected, has anyone done this/ opinion?
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Paul

Post by Paul »

If you go for a gtechnic (or other) protection they will normally offer the wheels at the same time for a nominal extra.
I did my own (bodywork and wheels) and it does help with ongoing maintenance...
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Mike and his Macan

That’s a thought... do you know if the wheel serum, lasts as long as the paint serum?
martin5789

Post by martin5789 »

You got me worried about swirl marks on my sapphire so I thought I'd better check. Nope, none visible.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Sapphire Blue Turbo collected 30th June 2017
Spec: http://www.porsche-code.com/PJBJQLD0 Photos: https://adobe.ly/2txMYjS
Others: BMW R1200GS | BMW E46 M3 | 987 Boxster S
Mike and his Macan

Yes... as posted it depends on your car care routine, any car can get/ show swirl marks, or show more on certain colours. Looks lovely in sapphire.