Mission e Cross Tourer

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Just seen that there are a lot of videos now on Youtube on the Mission e CT

Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

johnd

Post by johnd »

Hmm, sorry to say it but this MECT really doesn't do too much for me. Technically impressive certainly but just another example of a gross Porsche (or should that be a großPorsche) that tries to do too many things and ends up looking big and awkward. I'm also pretty allergic to the pretentious lifestyle-targeted marketing in the full video - I guess that's no different to any other car marque but this was quite a blatant example and really doesn't endear me to Porsche; am I starting not to feel at home with the brand?

I do increasingly think that Porsche don't have a slot in their coming range for any car that I'm likely to be interested in. i-Pace looks like a breath of fresh air in comparison to this - might just have to swallow the dubious build quality and overoptimistic pricing. But probably another 10K miles before I seriously look to change my SD.
Last edited by johnd on Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Macan SD (Rhodium) www.porsche-code.com/PH4H6XU3 June 2016

Real mpg at Fuelly
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

I thought a little the same ..... am I now going to have to take up several more outdoor adrenaline sports before I’m a target customer?! 🤨

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

I suspect that, like just about all concepts, many of the more extreme detail will be either eliminated or diluted. For example: Mission E - it’s mega low stance and suicide doors.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀