Macan turbo

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Am89

Post by Am89 »

Hi new to the forum and considering purchasing a Macan turbo. Had a look at the cars available in the classified and there seems to be an array of options, my ideal spec would be,

Sport Chrono, air susp, PTV, pan roof, 21” Sport classics and performance exhaust. I think to get this spec is tough unless it’s a factory order..

Seen a 2014 for sale through Land Rover Edinburgh with Sport Chrono, air Susp, 21” turbo wheels and black / black colour combo - £50,000.

Is it worth paying an extra £5,000 to £7,000 for a later 2015 / 2016 with similar spec? Also is there any other main options people would suggest looking out for ?

Sim_Nugget

Post by Sim_Nugget »

The 2016 onwards cars have the updated PCM.
We don't have air on our Turbo and don't miss it, but we have the 20" Spyder wheels.

Are you really going to need the torque vectoring being honest? On a GT3 yes, on a 2 tonne SUV?

Roof really brightens the cabin - I would chose that again every time.

The exhaust can be retrofitted although pricey, as can the Sports Chrono - I had it done on ours as I didn't want the dash clock. Pre 16 cars are pretty reasonable (circa £400) but the 2016+ are more expensive (£800+).

S
2017 Turbo - Night Blue / Expresso
BMW M2
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Agree regarding PTV, not needed. I have SC and PSE on mine but never used, like the clock on the dash though 😊
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Sim_Nugget

Post by Sim_Nugget »

If I am honest I never use Sport Chrono - to me it doesn't suit the driving style of the car, a 911 or Cayman yes but the Macan Turbo is a bit more of a relaxed comfortable drive. Still the exhaust burbles and pops much more with it on!
BMW M2
Am89

Post by Am89 »

Thanks for the replies, I’m a bit of a spec whore but I agree with the PTV comments. So between early cars (2014) to later cars (2016-) the only main difference is inside tech? Also is it worth extending the OPC warranty - how are these cars in terms of reliability?
Sim_Nugget

Post by Sim_Nugget »

I've only had one piece of aluminium trim replace under warranty and a seat rattle.

Solid as a Rock as Ashford & Simpson would say...
BMW M2
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

There’s a nice turbo at Roman’s ... I think St Albans, I was tempted but thought it was due to take a 5k hit with an extra year on it, and 8000miles. It’s got a great spec.. on at £64950! I decided to chance my arm on a new GTS, and hope a facelift GTS doesn’t show up for another year!. Nice choice to have!
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

One thing internally that did change that has nit been mentioned is that the rear seat air vents and third heating zone were an extra in the earlier cars hence not always included.

I have driven about 12 different Macans and owned two, bith with 20” wheels and bith with PASM, the Turbo that I have also has Air which gives a much better ride and I would now always specify it myself. That said others have found the ride a bit wallowing/floaty for their likings, a good long test drive of both will help you choose what is right for you.

PTV, not needed at all unless you want to trackday your car, PSE does give a nice sound but after a while you will be glad it switches off at the touch of a button as it drones very badly at constant speed, so seeking out a Turbo without these should be a cheaper one although probably not by much.

Good luck finding what you want, the Turbo engine is by far the best one to have in a Macan, expect about 22mpg out of one, the MFD will probably show 3-4mog more than actual.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Am89

Post by Am89 »

Cheers, my current car is a C63 and averages around 12mpg on my daily commute - so a Macan turbo should feel like diesel mpg in comparison.

The car I’ve found has air susp, Sport Chrono and turbo alloys which are my main 3 options ( or sport classics ). I’ve been advised by dealer turbos only need serviced every 20K - seems far too long?

Going from prev comments -is it worth paying the circa 2K for OPC warranty and 111 point check?
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Turbo servicing is no different, they are all turbocharged. The standard Porsche service frequency is 20k or 2 years whichever soonest. Re the extended warranty, its a matter of peace of mind v personal risk. The cars are certainly well built, not had any issues with 24k miles over two years.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6