Love this analogy

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Hawkeye wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:09 pm Although Wingco, you have the only live once attitude that sees you about to take delivery of a T! I’m really tempted by the Quadrifoglio. It’s one of the only cars where pretty much every single review is gushing about it. It definitely has a lot of theatre about it, but residuals and reliability are back of mind concerns. However, leasing rates from Alfa are good (no residual risk) and for a car that will do 4-5k miles pa, even if occasional issues, it wouldn’t be too disruptive. Although Sod’s law it would go wrong just when you really need it!

Driving it on Monday to see if all those reviewers are right!

Oh yes! Carpe diem! ;)

I agree with the romantic appeal of the Alfa! Especially in red! Very much a junior branch of the Ferrari family, in my mind at least. :)

I look forward to hearing the report following your road test! :geek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

Dandock

Post by Dandock »

I had a Mk1 Alphasud TI back in the day. Terrible Italianate driving position, regularly a pig to get in to first and rusted at the first sniff of rain! But boy could it rev and go: and stuck to the road like snot to a clog! 😳
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
happy days

Post by happy days »

I once owned a 156. I put seven sumps in it. Seven.

Reliability is a non option on Alfas. Mind you, best seats I ever had my bum in.
Macan S D
718 S
Nobleman

Post by Nobleman »

I did well over 100k miles in my 166. Lovely looking car, fabulous V6 engine. Everything worked and it never let me down. Then one night (after a works Christmas party) the gear linkage broke in an underground car park and me and the AA man managed to burn out what was left of the clutch trying to get it moving up a ramp in 2nd gear.

The old girl was never the same with the replacement clutch. A bit like Claudia Cardinale after a hip operation.
pj191k89
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

I think evo magazine is running a long term one, I believe its been in once so far after 18k... also fuel is no way as high as I thought..., iv had 3, Alfa’s, sud 1.5TI, Gtv, 156..2.5 v6. As we know , Alfa owners buy with their hearts!
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
eakae

Post by eakae »

It’s interesting to observe the differences in experiences. I’ve had a few Alfas over the years SZ, GTV V6 and 147. The worst that ever happened to me was a flat battery on the GTV V6. Buy a Macan Turbo (1st ever german car) and it just kept on breaking down.

Let’s see if my current one exhibits some form of reliability otherwise I’m back to Alfa!
Current: Defender V8 CE
Sold: Macan Turbo PP
Back to OPC: Cayenne
Back to OPC: Macan Turbo
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Having quite extensively read the Alfa Guilia forum over the last week or so, it seems there have been very few issues from those that actually own the car. For the Quadrifoglio specifically, the ‘problems’ seem to be those that have been designed in rather than failures e.g.

1. Scraping the front active carbon fibre splitter (it automatically deploys at 62mph+ to increase downforce) as ground clearance only 10cm.

2. Getting grip from the Pirelli Corsa tyres in colder weather.

3. Realising it is a proper 4 seater with no 5th seat belt in the back - not good when you’ve bought it and you have 3 kids as one person experienced!!

Other than that, there is total love for the Quadrifoglio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.