Where To Sell Your Macan?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

Bazza06 wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:31 pmValid point.
Bazza06

Sorry have to disagree with MCDK and it's not the way dealers purchase cars off you.
I've heard car dealers say that the safest way to do it is just the way you originally suggested. Pay the finance company directly and then the difference to the seller. This is how I've dealt with private and dealer purchasers and Porsche have always done it this way when buying cars off me when not part exchanging. If you pay off the finance before selling it, the finance details on the HPI databases can often take a few days to update, therefore it is better for the purchaser to pay the finance company directly and have the piece of mind that the finance has been paid.

Hope that's helpful.

Arif
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Not my experience I'm afraid Arif and I was referring to private sales. With my last two sales the buyers ran HPI reports and knew there was finance. I paid it off and they got confirmation of same from HPI by HPI talking to the finance company on same day and bought the car. I certainly would not do it the the other way and nor would I expect anyone else to do so.
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

It’s been a long time since I sold a car and dealing with the money side was something I was unsure how to handle.

My thought was that if the buyer came to my home and transferred the money to the finance provider and we both got confirmation of received funds I would be happy to hand over the keys and the buyer would feel safe that the vehicle would have the finance marker removed.

If one can’t source independent funds to clear it beforehand I would be more happy as a buyer to send the money to a known creditor.

I can see both sides though and thanks to both of you for your experiences.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Thanks to all for your help and advice on selling a vehicle.
Mine has now been sold after listing it on Autotrader. The first enquirer made an offer before seeing and confirmed it once viewed.

He sent the money direct to the finance company who were happy to confirm everything I told him about the amount outstanding, bank details etc. and sent him a confirmation of "No Interest" once he sent the money. Very painless process.

I had several enquiries one of which by email to say "Not being rude but you will Never ever ever ever get a price near to that... If you get offered 43-45 take it and run" I think he could have gone for another "ever".

What amused me about this was his failure to spell his surname consistently!! Also, quite strange how I received this email just 30 mins prior to one enquirer turning up and offering me £44K - bang in the middle of the price range suggested by my "guardian angel".

I wondered whether he regularly perused Autotrader ads offering his advice on what one can and can't get for their vehicles!

Another buyer wanted to knock me for £4K because it didn't have the wheels he wanted, nor the colour or black trim!! So his reasoning for his offer was that he will have to spend that amount to add the items he really wanted the car to have :lol: :lol:

Just brilliant. You view an ad with full documentation and pictures of the car you're going to view and then try to knock the seller because it hasn't got what you really want. He subsequently text me to offer a further £2.5K which I would have accepted! By that time car was sold and to someone who didn't muck me around.

At the time I was selling there were only 12 other private sale SD's and whilst mine didn't have the lowest mileage it had the most extras which I think helped push interest in the buyers.
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Paul

Post by Paul »

👍
Congrats on a painless (ish) and quick sale!
When is the GTS due?
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Great outcome Bazza. You’re making me wish I’d sold mine privately now!
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Great news Barry 👍

There are always some people that try it on...
So you planning on new facelift GTS in the future?
GTS 😀
Col M

Post by Col M »

Do contact that guy again and find out where you can get a respray and a complete set of Porsche wheels for £4K
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

I suspect that your high spec made a big difference to the speed of sale. I recall that your original spec was over £65k.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Thanks for the comments guys.

So the GTS brings another tale following my call with the dealer this afternoon.

My understanding from the dealer is that a facelift Macan is to be announced later this year but the guy I spoke with seems to think that this will NOT apply to the GTS until much later.

Now I do not understand this. Am I to believe that when making Macans Porsche will build GTS's with the current design and the S and Turbo with the newer design? This does not make sense but I admit that I know little about the processes around such things.

He said that when the Macan was released the GTS did not come until about 2 years later but would this mean that it would only be eligible for a facelift 2 years after the S etc? That's what I'm being led to believe.
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver