should i buy a Macan S Disel

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
r1flyguy

Post by r1flyguy »

Its quite odd people post comments about the lack of ‘perfomance’ of a diesel macan!!!

It is in fact a ‘diesel macan’ not a sports car, not a macan turbo or GTS. What are these people expecting???
I’m extremely lucky enough to have a 991.1 TurboS for my speed fix along with 2 sports bikes yet the Macan DS is the most used. It’s comfort and luxury cruising and everyday usable vehicle of choice. Its not a hyperfast mpv, it is however fast enough for what it is!

I love my Macan Diesel, I bought it used from an OPC with 9k on the clock, fully loaded.
Yes it’s lost a bit of money but there aren't many 16 plate macans specced like mine for much less than what i paid for it and in truth, the depreciation only really matters if i’m intending to sell it which for at least the next couple of years I'm not.

There are some great diesel macans in the OPC network for great prices. I suggest you go test drive one if you havent already.
Macan GTS collected 01/092022 - PN4IVH48

Previous - 2015 Macan SD
Previous - 991.1 TTS met an untimely and sad end.
Previous - 2008 997 Turbo traded for TurboS
Previous - 2003 986 BoxsterS Sold due to needing a 3rd seat :D

jesim1

Post by jesim1 »

I would not buy a new diesel now unless I was doing a lot of miles, but remember they are the latest and cleanest yet, so not hit by all this any diesel stuff for the most part the way the media would have you believe.

I bought my SD 2.5 years ago, in the first 18 months I clocked up 36k at an average of 43mpg overall, which means a petrol would have cost around an extra £4k to run, so this off sets any extra depreciation over the petrol easily if you do decent mileage. Last year I retired and now have only done a few thousand miles in the past 7 months as I bough a motorcycle and can also use my wife's car, so I would no longer buy a diesel, but looking around at the market I'm currently thinking of keeping it as it's a great car and there is nothing else I currently lust after.

James
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

jesim1 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:14 am I would not buy a new diesel now unless I was doing a lot of miles, but remember they are the latest and cleanest yet, so not hit by all this any diesel stuff for the most part the way the media would have you believe.

I bought my SD 2.5 years ago, in the first 18 months I clocked up 36k at an average of 43mpg overall, which means a petrol would have cost around an extra £4k to run, so this off sets any extra depreciation over the petrol easily if you do decent mileage. Last year I retired and now have only done a few thousand miles in the past 7 months as I bough a motorcycle and can also use my wife's car, so I would no longer buy a diesel, but looking around at the market I'm currently thinking of keeping it as it's a great car and there is nothing else I currently lust after.

James
In my opinion there is nothing else on the market to match the Macan.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

I think the performance on the SD is more than acceptable, I for one wouldn't have a problem buying an SD if I was doing the mileage, particularly as there are some good deals to be had on nearly new models.
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

As a slight aside, I was in our local Audi garage yesterday and had a mooch around the SQ5, which is very nice, but didn't give me quite the same feel as sitting in my SD, even though it is at a more advanced stage of development (less buttons, led dash, mouse pad type integration device etc). The SE assured me that their sales of diesel was still a very high proportion and not seeing the headline 30% reduction in sales, that was in the press recently?
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S
FranCK

Post by FranCK »

Went into my OPC on Monday and the SE when asked if they were selling Diesel anymore just couldn’t bring himself to say no. He rambled on about JLR pulling out of the Diesel market. I do feel it’s the right time to change my 12 month DS but honestly cannot find a car that compares. Whose to say if i went the Audi route, they wouldn’t then pull the Diesel range being part of VW Group?
Current: Volcano Grey SD 2017, Mercedes E250 AMG conv. Audi Q5 2.0 S line + Audi Q5 2.0. Audi A3 S Line. Nissan Navara 2.5. And many VW Golf 😀
BigPhil

Post by BigPhil »

Is the SQ5 still available as a Diesel?

i thought it was just petrol now, or was that a SH one?

BigPhil.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH96VJA6
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

I think they do 2.0TDI, but not the 3.0l... had the SQ 5 petrol for a few days , it is nice, just left me cold really looked forward to driving it , but got out disappointed, great car in isolation.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
BigPhil

Post by BigPhil »

Mike and his Macan wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:13 pm I think they do 2.0TDI, but not the 3.0l... had the SQ 5 petrol for a few days , it is nice, just left me cold really looked forward to driving it , but got out disappointed, great car in isolation.
The 3.0l is about the only one that I can replace my SD with when the mileage and age rises. I did consider the SQ7 but that's about the size of a house. If I'm going down that route I'll wait for the huge depreciation on a SH diesel Bentayga. :lol:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH96VJA6
jesim1

Post by jesim1 »

Interestingly my SD has gone on steadily in price on WBAC since last year, it's latest offer was almost £35k on a sept 15 SD. Obviously they don't look at spec though.

James