Macan GTS - spec advice please

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

If you look at my signature you see the main items in the spec of my Turbo which are those that I would want in any Macan
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

Cjm360

Post by Cjm360 »

Well I pick my Agate Grey GTS up on Friday, I personally prefer Agate to Volcano as Volcano is to dark and looses some of the lines. I will post up some picks but I went with air suspension 21” classic wheels and the full Gts interior with alcantara
Roll on Friday Can’t wait
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Cjm360 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:08 am Well I pick my Agate Grey GTS up on Friday, I personally prefer Agate to Volcano as Volcano is to dark and looses some of the lines. I will post up some picks but I went with air suspension 21” classic wheels and the full Gts interior with alcantara
Roll on Friday Can’t wait

Sounds great! Looking forward to the pics! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
JonNic

Post by JonNic »

A couple of observations for what it’s worth:

I wasn’t convinced by the BOSE system when compared to the standard system. I value decent stereo in the car and the home, but didn’t hear the benefit.

I don’t have air suspension, or insulated glass. I’d struggle to see the benefit if I’m honest, but given your desire for ultimate comfort I would probably tick the 14 way seats. I went for the standard 8 way, and do wish I’d gone for the upgrade.

I’ve got the heated Alcantara steering wheel and it’s one of my favourite things, especially during this winter it was a luxury. I’ve done 17k miles and got no issue with its durability.
Final code : www.porsche-code.com/PHE4JHQ0
Taz

Post by Taz »

Just on the paint colour, I have Volcano Grey and chose it because I have yet to see another in that colour either before or after I bought the car (perhaps they’re all down south 😜)
So when is this ‘old enough to know better’ supposed to kick in ?

Cayenne GTS - Mar 2022
Cayenne S - Aug 2019 to Mar 2022
Macan Turbo - Feb 2018 to Aug 2019
Cayenne S - Apr 2015 to Feb 2018
Cayenne - Jul 2013 - Apr 2015
BMW R1250GS - since Dec 2021
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Taz wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:26 pm Just on the paint colour, I have Volcano Grey and chose it because I have yet to see another in that colour either before or after I bought the car (perhaps they’re all down south 😜)
Had the first volcano grey my OPC had seen, now a regularly annoying sight 😖 They are all down here 😂
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian. Delivery update mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
BenC

Post by BenC »

Hi all, thanks again for the feedback.

I've been through again and made some changes based on your recommendations.

Revised spec here:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ5J3EG3

I've removed:

- Air suspension
- Entry and Drive
- Thermal glass
- BOSE

My feeling on BOSE is that when we come to sell it, it's one of those things I think people will go for. I'm in two minds. In the survey here, 67% have it on a GTS/Turbo.. some seem to say it's amazing, others that you can't notice it. Hmm..! Girlfriend will make the final call on that.

@Kasfranks99 - When I went to add Light Comfort Package it says "The following option will be removed: Driver memory package". Not sure what's going on there?

A couple of you have mentioned the 'Full GTS interior' - I don't understand what option that is? Is that the £1154 GTS Leather Interior package? I take it that this adds leather to the dash but doesn't replace any Alcantara?

The reason for roof rails is that I can see us doing the odd Europe trip and I feel a week's worth of nappies and toys won't fit in the boot space alone. I know GTS and roof rails probably don't go, but I'll take it over a Vauxhall Zafira.

Finally, if we wanted to go for a non-standard colour like this one, does it make things super-complicated? I can't find much on the web about pricing, lead times, etc.

https://www.autogespot.co.uk/porsche-95 ... 2017/03/22

Many thanks for your input, Ben
Last edited by BenC on Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Paul

Post by Paul »

There should ge an option to get both light comfort AND driver memory...(it’s what I’ve got😉)

Full GTS package is expensive at £2600 but you do get coloured belts, contrast stitching, white (or red) dials, headrest logos (Pics in my signature) On the configurator if you click on the “i” in the circle next to the option you get a full description.

I don’t think the paint to sample option is currently available - certainly not for an April build - it used to add 6 months or so....
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
JBA

Post by JBA »

Looks great BenC. One thing I suggest is surround view camera rather than just reverse view. Your alloys will appreciate it, trust me😊.
Macan GTS Mark 1 - bought new 2017 and sold 2024
Macan GTS Mark 3 - bought new 2024
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

MCDK wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:18 pm I would also drop the insulated glass and roof rails. That gives you £1k to spend on the extended leather pack. This gives nice leather on dash etc and gives all you get in the GTS interior pack except coloured stiching and seatbelts and the colour on the speedo clocks.

I would also drop the air suspension as its not needed on a GTS. I have 21" wheels and the ride is very good. I actually drive in sports suspension mode as I find comfort too floaty and air likely to be worse again. You could always spend the money saved on air on upgrading to a nice set of 21" Sports Classic wheels in whichever finish you fancy. They look great and are so easy to clean, the 20" Spyders are a nightmare to clean apparently.

Final point then is very personal and its that I would change the colour. Agate can look very brown in certain lights and not bright enough for a GTS in my opinion. However if you do fancy grey then Volcano does look great if you can keep it clean.
+1 on the VG rather than Agate, easy to keep clean after a Gtechnic, or similar, ceramic coating. A GTS will be a great car even without Air, roof rails (will you ever se them?), Bose & Heat/sound glass and although a leather dash and non-leather door caps never bothered me, full leather looks fabulous, I should have added it.

CCCFEDE3-BC7F-4BED-82E5-D53144E7171A.jpeg

"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16