2nd month in with my turbo. My review

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

uktivo wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:05 am Plain and simply, I'm impressed.
Moving from the 991.1, I have to say, I was worried about the driveability and desirability of the Macan over the 911. However, once I'd adjusted my own personal image based opinions of myself (we all have them, hence why we drive a brand such as Porsche) I started to love the car.
I've driven just over 2k miles, mixed motoring over the period and the turbo has performed impeccably.
Issues:
Only one really. I have a very loud and intrusive buzzing coming from the driver's side door area when traveling at anything above 60mph. Can't pin point it exactly.
Oh yeah.. fuel economy.. it's not great but let's face it, I already knew it wouldn't be..

Pleasures:
Many... Love the power delivery, very little if any turbo lag. My whole family love the Burmester hi-fi, especially my wife who said that if her cayenne had it, she would literally just drive the car to listen to it..
18 way seats are excellent.

Best gadget:
Without a doubt, well for now at least whilst the weather is bad.. heated steering wheel. How did I live without it before?

All in all. One happy owner. I will be getting a new weekend car soon. As I'm not completely over the 911. Not sure what, but probably another 911 I think...

Not sure I've ever listed my spec, so I've put it below for reference.

Macan turbo, volcano grey with black leather

Adaptive cruise control
Air suspension
PASM
Auto dimming mirrors
Burmester hi-fi
Carbon heated steering wheel
Carbon interior package
Connect plus
Exterior package turbo
Homelink
Lane assist with lane change assist
Led main headlights with PDLS plus
Light comfort package
Load space manager
Panoramic roof
Park assist front and rear with surround camera
Enter and drive
PTV PLUS
Power steering plus
Privacy glass
Seat heating
Speed limit indicator
Sport chrono package
Tinted led tail lights (not sure if that's an extra)
TPM
18 inch collapsible spare wheel
21 inch 911 turbo wheels
Great review, massive spec on your car here be nice to see some pics.🤓
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime in May/June 🤔 https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6

uktivo

Post by uktivo »

Col Lamb wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:52 pm Welcome again to Team Turbo, the best variant in the line up.

Glad you are enjoying it.

Agree about the heated steering wheel which on mine has got used a lot this Winter. One minor grip about it, which when coming from motorcycles where the hand grips had variable heating control to a Porsche where the heated steering wheel is either On or Off is a poor show by Porsche.

LEDs are superb.

I have ACC which is brilliant on the Motorway (I am only 5 minutes from one) which I use on all journeys that are not local.
Agree a degree of control over the heat in the steering wheel would have been nice to have
My Porsche history
944 (sold)
911 (992.1 - sold)
Macan Turbo (sold)
Panamera turbo S E Hybrid (sold)
Cayenne sport (the bosses)
Taycan Turbo loving it.
uktivo

Post by uktivo »

Taz wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:07 pm Excuse me if this a daft reply, but is the buzzing the lane warning system ? I have it in my car and the buzz is very faint, even when on the loud setting and just sounds like an annoyed bee in the dashboard.
Hi. No it's not the lane departure warning system. To be frank, I don't like this facility in the car do never have it switched on. Thanks for the input though.
My Porsche history
944 (sold)
911 (992.1 - sold)
Macan Turbo (sold)
Panamera turbo S E Hybrid (sold)
Cayenne sport (the bosses)
Taycan Turbo loving it.
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

uktivo wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:32 am
Taz wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:07 pm Excuse me if this a daft reply, but is the buzzing the lane warning system ? I have it in my car and the buzz is very faint, even when on the loud setting and just sounds like an annoyed bee in the dashboard.
Hi. No it's not the lane departure warning system. To be frank, I don't like this facility in the car do never have it switched on. ......
+1. Perhaps if it delivered an electric shock it might be effective.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)