Car Insurance

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Spud

Post by Spud »

I will never understand Insurance companies, my Insurance on the Macan plus my wife’s A Class is due at the beginning of April which coincides with the GTS coming, I’m currently with NFU Multicar who have proved to be very good, my renewal which was for the SD plus A Class showed a 14% increase, so did some checking around based on the GTS + A Class, Adrian Flux 23% increase, Confused 28%, Admiral 53%,Aviva not worth mentioning, so spoke to NFU and asked for a multicar price to include the GTS and not the SD , 1% increase so that means it’s cheaper for me to insure the GTS than the SD, not complaining but given that companies priced on the same info how can there be such differences, NFU will get the business and I would recommend them to anyone 👍
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1

Paul

Post by Paul »

Conversely.......NFU wanted £150 more to changes Mrs P’s BMW 428 cabriolet into an Audi TTS roadster....(£310 to £450 odd!)
Aviva have now got my £290! and I will reserve judgement on my GTS NFU policy until renewal in Sept

It just goes to show there is no loyalty and (sadly) every year you need to spend half a day on the phone......
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
N13LXC

Post by N13LXC »

I can better that (ish)...£1300 for GTD and Macan on separate policies, £1000 on multi car, including my house insurance...What the actual F... surely, risk is risk???

Not that i’m complaining...
Current: 991.2 GTS, Gtd
Previous: Macan TPP, C350e, B8 RS4 Nogaro, Tiguan, S3, A1, B8 RS4, A5 cab, Golf GTTDI x2, RS Clio 197, TT Cab 1.8T, RS Clio 182, Megane 1.5 dci, Clio 1.5 dci, Astra Merit 1.6 d
Spud

Post by Spud »

Paul wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:39 pm Conversely.......NFU wanted £150 more to changes Mrs P’s BMW 428 cabriolet into an Audi TTS roadster....(£310 to £450 odd!)
Aviva have now got my £290! and I will reserve judgement on my GTS NFU policy until renewal in Sept

It just goes to show there is no loyalty and (sadly) every year you need to spend half a day on the phone......
Yep just proves the point Paul, just can’t fathom them out
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
GeoffH

Post by GeoffH »

Just don't understand their business model - if they have one that is:

First year of my Macan S (Petrol) - Aviva around £400
Second year - Aviva wanted £560 (no changes in circumstances) Whereas NFU only £290 (a no-brainer)
Third year - Aviva quoted £360! NFU only a £5 increase to £295.
So we'll see what happens next year.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PF8MVM34
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

Spud wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:25 pm I will never understand Insurance companies, my Insurance on the Macan plus my wife’s A Class is due at the beginning of April which coincides with the GTS coming, I’m currently with NFU Multicar who have proved to be very good, my renewal which was for the SD plus A Class showed a 14% increase, so did some checking around based on the GTS + A Class, Adrian Flux 23% increase, Confused 28%, Admiral 53%,Aviva not worth mentioning, so spoke to NFU and asked for a multicar price to include the GTS and not the SD , 1% increase so that means it’s cheaper for me to insure the GTS than the SD, not complaining but given that companies priced on the same info how can there be such differences, NFU will get the business and I would recommend them to anyone 👍
Spud - In the same vein I was astonished to learn that it is more expensive to insure an Audi S1 (£33k new) than the GTS (£69k new). All this despite the wife being the named driver of the S1, over a certain age and no points. The explanation; Audi drivers are involved in more accidents! Am I the only one thinking that there are more Audis on the road than porkers and therefore, statistically, would have more accidents.
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
alxgb

Post by alxgb »

I love the insurance highwaymen.

I wasn't born in the UK but have an overseas licence from a country where you can do a straight swap for a UK licence without a test due to standards of testing + being RHD. I didn't want to give the licence up for sentimental reasons - it's also a metal disc which is pretty unusual. I did a test in the UK, in London in fact so not some rural community for an easy test. Never had an accident or claim in 25 years of driving. Clean UK licence too. 10 year history of Porsche, advanced licence, ARDS etc.

State I am born in the UK - premium goes down by £500.

How does that have anything to do with risk and my ability to drive?
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

That's a scandal, Alex. Does that apply to all insurers that you've tried?
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

alxgb wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:05 pm I did a test in the UK, in London in fact so not some rural community for an easy test.
Surely a test in London is easier as the traffic doesn't move?
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
alxgb

Post by alxgb »

Wing Commander wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:30 pm That's a scandal, Alex. Does that apply to all insurers that you've tried?
Difficult to gauge but when the question is asked, I assume that it infers that. Try confused.com and vary the birth date, that's how I discovered it years ago as I was trying to deconstruct the illogical premium I was being quoted.

I put the question to an actuary I know who doesn't deal with risk at this level but for marine insurance but he is still more informed than me. He said there would have likely been enough of a correlation with a data set to 'justify' the question based on claim data and not all insurers would weight in the same way based on their risk profile. Once a data question has been established, insurers share data and to have as much information about you helps underwriters to assess risk.

Same for garaged car versus on street in London. More expensive in a garage. Greater risk of a bigger claim in a garage whereas the incidental damage you get in London usually leaves cars under the claim threshold or not significant enough to justify a claim based on NCB impact.