GTS Disaster - Advice welcomed.

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

And they’ve given me a 67 plate Porsche Cayenne which, given I have 3 kids, is a bit more practical than a 911 I think (until the kids leave home!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Wing Commander wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:15 am Really sorry to hear of your experience. :(

As above, I would go for Porsche replacing the engine.

They must ensure that you get the car back in pristine (better than showroom) condition, bearing in mind your £2,500 spent on detailing. :shock:

Plus, push the sales manager/dealer principal for a pretty damn good loaner (at least as good as your car) and ideally a 911 if that would work for you.

All the best,

Simon
I echo this comment. You need them to give you a realistic estimate of the time that it will take to fix. They certainly need to compensate you for this awful experience, perhaps a free future service.

Then suspend your insurance and use their insurance on your OPC's loan car. That way you will have an extension on the expiry date of your Macan's insurance and some more effective compensation.

Good luck
Last edited by SAC1 on Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

SAC1 wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:00 am
Wing Commander wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:15 am Really sorry to hear of your experience. :(

As above, I would go for Porsche replacing the engine. They must ensure that you get the car back in pristine (better than showroom) condition, bearing in mind your £2,500 spent on detailing. :shock: Plus, push the sales manager/dealer principal for a pretty damn good loaner (at least as good as your car) and ideally a 911 if that would work for you. All the best, Simon
I echo this comments. You need them to give you a realistic estimate of the time that it will take to fix. They certainly need to compensate you for this awful experience, perhaps a free future service. Then suspend your insurance and use their insurance on your OPC's loan car. That way you will have an extension on the expiry date of your Macan's insurance and some more effective compensation. Good luck

+1.

Sounds like a 67 plate Cayenne is a fair loaner for now. If it's going to take a while, maybe request a spell in a Panamera at some point too ;)

And I agree, a free first service is the least they can do.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

If it was me I would want a new build and keep the loaner Cayenne while they build it. I'd also want compensation for the totally wasted detailing. A new engine after less than 500 miles is a bad joke and they should now be bending over backwards to make you feel better about it. This is a great test of customer service and their response would probably sway me one way or another on ever buying from them again.
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

Peteski wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:34 am If it was me I would want a new build and keep the loaner Cayenne while they build it. I'd also want compensation for the totally wasted detailing. A new engine after less than 500 miles is a bad joke and they should now be bending over backwards to make you feel better about it. This is a great test of customer service and their response would probably sway me one way or another on ever buying from them again.
100% this.
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

I can’t help feeling , after a major replacement the car feels tainted , I guess this is down to ones own psychology. sorry to hear about your experience .
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Macananon

Post by Macananon »

Ask them to drop in a new Turbo Engine instead. The upgrade will make you feel different about the whole thing.
Paul

Post by Paul »

My sympathies go out to you....its always a huge let down when a mechanical fault, big or small, taints the new car experience.
Your first para shows that, really, you want to keep a Macan GTS so the decision is new engine or new car.
Given the circumstances I’d opt for the engine. You might struggle to get a new GTS to your spec now prior to facelift / shutdown (worth checking) and, as you point out, you’re £2500 down on detailing etc which Porsche might or might not refund....
The dealership will (should) bend over backwards for you if you accept this rather than rejection and you’ll get “your” car back more quickly.
You’ve got a fair alternative transport offering (and I’m sure you could request, and get, something a bit more exciting for a day or two if you asked)
It would be interesting to get a more detailed explanation of what failed inside the engine as I can’t recall any other reports of engine failure on the forum?
Again, sympathy.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
alxgb

Post by alxgb »

I would get Porsche to replace the engine otherwise you're going to be waiting a long time. Alternatively, if they can offer you a low mile car in similar or better spec from the network with some compensatory financial adjustment, that may also work but the chances of ever getting your exact spec will probably be low. It's never the same as a box fresh factory car that you put together in the configurator.

You need your confidence restored so I would be asking for an extended warranty at minimum - come resale, that's valuable to you.

You won't get the cost of detailing back but I would also ensure that you are protected against any damage they may cause in the course of reinstating the engine. Perhaps an allowance to have the detailer back to prepare the car to as new condition if necessary.

I had my 991.1 GT3 arrive and within 2 weeks of arrival, it was on recall due to the engine fire issue. My car got recalled in May and I proceeded to put 14,500 miles on Boxsters, Caymans, 911s and Cayennes that the OPC lent me until I got it back in October.

I would persist with Porsche, you've been unlucky. I had sleepless nights over my GT3 and felt sick that I'd just chucked six figures down the drain but it never skipped a beat in the 15,000 miles and dozen or so track days I used it on and I sold it for more than I paid for it. Sometimes shit just goes wrong and if you're reasonable and give the dealership the chance, they'll put it right and you'll likely have a better relationship with them for it.

I have much sympathy for you and I hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction. Good luck and let us know how you get on.
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Paul1970 wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:46 am And they’ve given me a 67 plate Porsche Cayenne which, given I have 3 kids, is a bit more practical than a 911 I think (until the kids leave home!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really sorry to hear about your experience. As others have said, given that your car is a GTS replacement engine is probably a better option than rejecting the car and waiting for the facelifted GTS to be produced.

Out of interest, which version of the Cayenne have they given you. A lot of OPC loan cars have been Cayenne S Diesels. If that is the case, the straight line performance will be close to a GTS. With the size of your family, be wary of getting used to the space in the Cayenne.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel