Why have you sold your Macans ?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

Mike and his Macan wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:54 pm I think it’s apparent that buying a Porsche seems to be a start of a journey.... nice to hear that everyone so far has stayed in the “Welcome to the Family “ that’s the first thing the sales Manager said to me once I had ordered the Macan.... I guess that this forum is also a credit to that.
:lol: :lol: On purchasing the Macan the SE shook my hand and said “ welcome to the club” , so there you have it for some of us at least.
Different things float our boats at different times and ‘necessity is mother of choice’ (to misquote, someone), I certainly feel lucky to be able to have the choice, at least until the day arrives that a Suzuki Vitara seems the right choice. :cry: :lol:
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

SD went, loved most things about this showroom car, some missing extras I would have liked but it cut down on the wait by half, not keen on engine delivery, or comfort engine and gearbox mode, plus it did not have ACC and the xenons were only just good enough for my nightime driving.

Turbo came. It has everything I want, the absolute only thing wrong is the Macan body itself, its just so big for my needs but hey its head and shoulders better than anything in its size or price range.

No regrets at all, well until I come to clean it and I cannot reach the centre of the roof.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Virage11

Post by Virage11 »

I've bought - and then sold - four Macans. All good, GTS great - best mid-sized SUV no doubt. Just don't actually need a mid-sized SUV all the time and I change my cars quite often...so just circumstancial, nothing at all wrong with Macans!
Current Porsches: 991.2 GT3 RS
Previous Porsches: Macan x4 (one of each), Panamera x2, 996x2, 997x2, Cayenne S, Boxster S, Cayman S x2, Boxster Spyder, 991.1 Turbo S, 991.2 GT3 (manual), 718 Cayman GTS (PDK)
Others: way too many...
jesim1

Post by jesim1 »

I got my SD 2.5 years ago and was recently considering selling it due to retiring and now only doing around 4k a year in it as I have a m/cycle and access to another car. Instead I've booked it in tomorrow to have the 19" wheels powder coated gloss black and the callipers painted red with the white Porsche logo!

I got it new and specked it how I wanted it - It's chipped and goes like stink, never missed a beat, and a great all rounder, there is nothing else I would have in place of it when I had a good think - possibly a petrol version now my millage is low, but I was getting 48mpg average on motorways and 43 generally - which would have been painful in a petrol.

James

P1010630.jpg

VanB

Post by VanB »

Had a Cayman S before the Macan which was a precision instrument. Macan GTS was a fine car, very comfortable, very capable but absolutely NOT a sports car so ordered a 991.2 GTS 4 which definitely IS a sports car and happily returns 10 mpg more than the Macan.

If my needs changed and I needed a mid sized SUV I would be back in the Macan like a shot so it was just the wrong purchase for me at the time but still a bloody good car.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

jesim1 wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:19 pm Instead I've booked it in tomorrow to have the 19" wheels powder coated gloss black and the callipers painted red with the white Porsche logo!

Good to hear that you're stil loving your chipped SD! We look forward to pics of your newly recoloured wheels and calipers!
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

No intention of selling my 15 month old GTS with 3000 Miles (I drive other cars)

Nothing on the market comes close imo. Merc, BMW, Audi, jag all nice but not a Porsche and driven or owned them all to compare.

People will sell for lots of reasons but a fair amount just upgrade to the next Macan model or spec it how they wanted it originally. Or just go for a 911.
GTS 😀
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

jesim1 wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:19 pm I got my SD 2.5 years ago and was recently considering selling it due to retiring and now only doing around 4k a year in it as I have a m/cycle and access to another car. Instead I've booked it in tomorrow to have the 19" wheels powder coated gloss black and the callipers painted red with the white Porsche logo!

I got it new and specked it how I wanted it - It's chipped and goes like stink, never missed a beat, and a great all rounder, there is nothing else I would have in place of it when I had a good think - possibly a petrol version now my millage is low, but I was getting 48mpg average on motorways and 43 generally - which would have been painful in a petrol.

James
Well done on the the black wheels plus red calipers plan, they'll will look great. Please post a photo when done. Chipped as well! Have you had improvd mpg as well as torque and power?
I did my wheels in car colour VG, and calipers in yellow. The combination looked great to everyone, even to a Porsche SE, who assumed they were ceramics but was overcome with thinly disguised disdain when I exlained what I had done.

A173D2D4-68A9-4E2E-B185-A1A48CDC50DC.jpeg

"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
jesim1

Post by jesim1 »

Bigboyrolo wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:22 pmWell done on the the black wheels plus red calipers plan, they'll will look great. Please post a photo when done. Chipped as well! Have you had improvd mpg as well as torque and power?
I did my wheels in car colour VG, and calipers in yellow. The combination looked great to everyone, even to a Porsche SE, who assumed they were ceramics but was overcome with thinly disguised disdain when I exlained what I had done.

I'll post pics when I get it back over the weekend.

As for the "chip" - it's a TDI Duel channel performance box from TDI Tuning. It not only handles the mapping, but also gets the turbo to come in quicker at lower revs to reduce lag and give better throttle response. I’ve got it set at around 300BHP, but it can do another 20 or so if I turn it up, but I never have, it was more for the better availability and delivery of the power than the performance. I got it done from new, so I've never had the car without it and always had great economy, the way the guys who fitted it put it is that the engine is just working more efficiently more of the time and provides greater torque so can actually go up and down the gears less because the engine does not feel the need unless you put the foot down - so most of the time it actually burns less fuel.

James
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

jesim1 wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:03 am
Bigboyrolo wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:22 pmWell done on the the black wheels plus red calipers plan, they'll will look great. Please post a photo when done. Chipped as well! Have you had improvd mpg as well as torque and power?

I'll post pics when I get it back over the weekend.

As for the "chip" - it's a TDI Duel channel performance box from TDI Tuning. It not only handles the mapping, but also gets the turbo to come in quicker at lower revs to reduce lag and give better throttle response. I’ve got it set at around 300BHP, but it can do another 20 or so if I turn it up, but I never have, it was more for the better availability and delivery of the power than the performance. I got it done from new, so I've never had the car without it and always had great economy, the way the guys who fitted it put it is that the engine is just working more efficiently more of the time and provides greater torque so can actually go up and down the gears less because the engine does not feel the need unless you put the foot down - so most of the time it actually burns less fuel.

James
looking forward to the photos. Your chip would resolve the low power aspect of the standard engine that many owners feel is an issue. Obv no warranty concerns, quite rightly.
I chipped 3ltr Merc CDI , what a sensational improvement, value for money, although it was 5yrs old with 100k on it.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16