Why have you sold your Macans ?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
SilverTurfer

Post by SilverTurfer »

I suppose its got to be a GTS then ..
Blue to match my eyes .... and the Red Brake Calipers go so well together

I've got a bit tired of the red interior, I'd like it that pale grey colour ... shame is I think you get a sort of brownish dash board which I don't like.

Its nice to dream of a new car ... but can I afford it?

I wonder what the diesel is worth .... ?
Are they being avoided on the 2nd hand market ...
Or are they more sought after?
Macan S Diesel Sapphire Blue, Red Devil interior
http://www.porsche-code.com/PHJ7CL24 taken delivery 19th March 2016
Pix in Gallery

Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

SilverTurfer wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:42 pm Nice to meet you again Paul.
So you recommend that I go along to the Porsche dealer again and just be seduced into something juicer :P

Its the easy answer ... but is it the sensible one?
But I'm not famous for being sensible :lol:
Good to see you again. Did you enjoy the 20k miles over the last 2 years?

I echo the sentiments above. Try to find a pre-registered SD, or trade to a petrol (if the Macan is the car you want - clearly). I can honestly say that I have not regretted the move to Petrol, having started in an SD. Again, very similar to Paul and many others on the forum. Where in the SD I would consitently get early 30s MPG, in the GTS it's 21 mpg. My driving is mostly rural and town. On longer Mway trips It will be 24 to 25mpg. You can calculate the difference in price for you, based on your driving style. I can honestly say that these (petrol) cars are happy to be driven like miss daisy. Keep the drive train in comfort and it is a well behaved carriage. Stick it in sport (or dare sport +) and you are in a hooligan of a car. I have (honestly) never felt the need for sport+. Sport is more than adequate for brisk driving if required.

As it occurs to me, Diesel is only going one way. Even with the new technology being touted the efficiency of old seems to be down.
Have a test drive in the range from "pea shooter" (nothing wrong with that) to the Turbo and see what you think. No OPC is going to stop you from trying what suits you best.
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

SilverTurfer wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:48 pm Hi Guys, I have not been on the forum for such a long time .... I've been to busy enjoying my Macan too much.

Anyway this seemed like a good thread to add into.

I've had my Macan SD for two years now and its done 20k miles.
I was thinking ... it must be time to think about ordering something new.
Now I find out WTF!!!! You cant have a diesel any more :(

I would really like to have a diesel so what do I do ?
Make do with an Audi Q5.... What will the neighbours say?
Or a Jag ?
Or even keep the 2016 SD Macan for an extra 3 years?

Excuse me asking the questions here .... its only "us" who really understand the problem.

I suppose I could go for a petrol Macan, but I don't think I can justify a Turbo Nutter model ...
I've found my driving has gone a bit "Driving Miss Daisy" over the last couple of years.

Then there is the 2 litre petrol version, (who would know?) it would be my own dirty little secret that I've only got a pea shooter under the bonnet. God above and I would know though, and it would not feel quite right.

I'm looking for suggestions here ... is there something out there I should be looking at to replace "The Tank".
I was in a similar position to you at the beginning of the month. My SD was coming up to 3 years old. Wanted another diesel and got a good deal on a decently specced 0 miles pre registered in February SD. Cost me £15k to change which after 3 years and for a higher spec car did not think that was too bad. Not quite as good as the £200 loss that I suffered after 1 year on my first Macan :D
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
SilverTurfer

Post by SilverTurfer »

I know that we have the same religion on this forum and we don't have to apologise for being Zuphenhousen Carholics.

I thought I was losing the faith there yesterday as my mind wandered to thoughts of 4 Ringed Audism, but I was looking at the car today and although it need a Spring Baptism to remove the endless road grime .. it still is holy and good.

With this mornings Epiphany I have my thoughts again aligned on the true faith of Macan.
Pix in Gallery
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

SilverTurfer wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:30 pm I know that we have the same religion on this forum and we don't have to apologise for being Zuphenhousen Carholics.

I thought I was losing the faith there yesterday as my mind wandered to thoughts of 4 Ringed Audism, but I was looking at the car today and although it need a Spring Baptism to remove the endless road grime .. it still is holy and good.

With this mornings Epiphany I have my thoughts again aligned on the true faith of Macan.
A fitting Easter Sunday message :D
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
SilverTurfer

Post by SilverTurfer »

A joyous and Easter Brethren,
Here endith the diesel lesson.

I shall go forth and from this day embrace the new gospel of petroleum spirit.
Pix in Gallery
jesim1

Post by jesim1 »

Wing Commander wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:58 pm
jesim1 wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:19 pm Instead I've booked it in tomorrow to have the 19" wheels powder coated gloss black and the callipers painted red with the white Porsche logo!
Good to hear that you're stil loving your chipped SD! We look forward to pics of your newly recoloured wheels and calipers!

Sorry for the delay - So much to do over Easter I've not had the time to reply:

2018-03-30 11.57.10.jpg

2018-03-30 11.57.02 HDR.jpg

2018-03-30 11.57.28.jpg

It would look even better with a wash, but poor weather and lack of enthusiasm to wash it in winter is my excuse! It does make it look a bit meaner though.
jesim1

Post by jesim1 »

Obebiker wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:02 am
jesim1 wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:19 pm I got my SD 2.5 years ago and was recently considering selling it due to retiring and now only doing around 4k a year in it as I have a m/cycle and access to another car. Instead I've booked it in tomorrow to have the 19" wheels powder coated gloss black and the callipers painted red with the white Porsche logo!

I got it new and specked it how I wanted it - It's chipped and goes like stink, never missed a beat, and a great all rounder, there is nothing else I would have in place of it when I had a good think - possibly a petrol version now my millage is low, but I was getting 48mpg average on motorways and 43 generally - which would have been painful in a petrol.

James
I’m often considering chipping my SD, can I ask how many miles you do a year and what sort of driving this is? I’ve had mine about a year and a half and plan on keeping it for another 2 and a half years doing 15k per annum. My feeling is that chipping could cause issues on higher mileage cars. So I would be selling with around 60k on he clock. I would remove the chip before selling.
I done around 35k in under 2 years, then decided to retire and have only done 4k since August last year now - so just coming up on 40k in total and it's never missed a beat, total 100% reliability. The vast majority of my miles were mixed motorway and urban due to my commute, but now mostly start/stop short runs with a 40/50 mile stretch on a weekly basis. It has not bothered the Macan though, nor the tuning box.I didn't disconect it for the last service and they did not even mention it - it's due to go in again in the next 700 miles, which could take me a couple of months to do these days, but it will stay in place for this also and I have no concerns regarding reliability or warranty work, but each to their own. I honestly do not see how the box will affect it at any milage, it's not like it changes the way I drive it or turns it into a hooligan car - there is just "more" which you get used to very quickly and then it's just the norm.

James
Obebiker

Post by Obebiker »

Thanks for that, so sounds like you were doing similar mileage to me. Where was it that you had it chipped, I assume they did it for you? I know some boxes can be fitted by the owner, basically just plugging it in.
Wheels and calipers look really good by the way.
Curious2

Post by Curious2 »

Hi Jesim1

Would you mind telling me where you got the the wheels and calliper powder coated. They look great, wouldn’t mind getting mine done.
Current 2017. 911 C2
Current 2018Macan S
Gone: 2015 981 Cayman