Why have you sold your Macans ?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

On the topic of the HOLD function at traffic lights, I suppose that is OK in daylight. But after dark we always use the HAND BRAKE.
The HOLD function leaves on the big bright brake strip light on the tailgate and it blinds the drivers queuing behind. So at night it's always a hand brake button jobbie.

Just saying, because I too hate it when automatic cars sit at lights with a brake pedal pressed or hold function engaged.
Need to use the sun visor to shield my eyes. :lol:
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0

Paul

Post by Paul »

I agree to a certain extent....but if I’m last in the queue I will alway have as much bright red showing as possible until the car coming up behind has actually stopped😳
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Very true!!
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Paul wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:10 am I agree to a certain extent....but if I’m last in the queue I will alway have as much bright red showing as possible until the car coming up behind has actually stopped😳
Yes, and after there is someone stopped behind me I switch to hand brake. ;)
Our stable:
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Semerka wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:56 am On the topic of the HOLD function at traffic lights, I suppose that is OK in daylight. But after dark we always use the HAND BRAKE.
The HOLD function leaves on the big bright brake strip light on the tailgate and it blinds the drivers queuing behind. So at night it's always a hand brake button jobbie.

Just saying, because I too hate it when automatic cars sit at lights with a brake pedal pressed or hold function engaged.
It's becoming more common now that most newer cars have stop/start technology. Applying the handbrake causes the engine to restart. The only way to avoid that is to select "park" and not apply the handbrake. You can see just how many can be bothered to do that by the artificial sunset in every traffic queue.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

On-Track wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:49 am
Semerka wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:56 am On the topic of the HOLD function at traffic lights, I suppose that is OK in daylight. But after dark we always use the HAND BRAKE.

It's becoming more common now that most newer cars have stop/start technology. Applying the handbrake causes the engine to restart. The only way to avoid that is to select "park" and not apply the handbrake. You can see just how many can be bothered to do that by the artificial sunset in every traffic queue.
Hmm, I always switch the auto stop/start off when I get in the car, so totally forgot about this aspect.
Will have to drive in town at night with sunglasses on. :lol:
Our stable:
VanB

Post by VanB »

I do think it's strange that the brake light stays on when the car is on hold. In any case you can move off with the handbrake on as it automatically releases so no need to disengage it first. I'm not sure I really see the difference between the two to justify keeping the brake light on if on hold and not if on handbrake.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
roger

Post by roger »

my macan was my first porsche and i loved it , lease came to end so just swapped to a hybrid panamera which i really like albeit its a totally diff drive to the macan, company car tax is much lower in the hybrid and i never have the same car twice although i would down the track have a macan again in a future hybrid or electric mode
jesim1

Post by jesim1 »

Obebiker wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:29 am Thanks for that, so sounds like you were doing similar mileage to me. Where was it that you had it chipped, I assume they did it for you? I know some boxes can be fitted by the owner, basically just plugging it in.
Wheels and calipers look really good by the way.
I got it done by the firm who make them 40 minuets after I bought the car :lol:

Their offices are close to the dealership I bought the Macan from, so I basicaly drive there and had them fit it FOC and let me have a test drive to make sure I was happy with it.

I've never looked back and think Porsche are taking the urine by not haveing this engine running at close to 300hp as standard.

James
jesim1

Post by jesim1 »

Curious2 wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:48 am Hi Jesim1

Would you mind telling me where you got the the wheels and calliper powder coated. They look great, wouldn’t mind getting mine done.
http://www.smartwheels.co.uk/

Good Guys - great rating on Google and cheaper than a lot of others by quite some way in places. They are just a small unit, but I seen at least 3 other Porsches there between the two days I dropped it off and collected - plus a line of mercs, audies, BMs etc.

James