Boot Lowering

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Does the boot lowering work under specific conditions? When I unlocked the car it wouldn't lower but after running the engine it worked fine.

I hadn't noticed this before and it seems a bit strange that it would require the engine to run whilst the driver would be at the rear.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver

Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

It could be a battery thing. A couple of times mine has not gone down. I gently closed it manually.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Tom 2000 wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:38 pm It could be a battery thing. A couple of times mine has not gone down. I gently closed it manually.
Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I don't mean the boot lid I mean the back end lowering but I think you could be right about the battery.

The car has been sitting for a week and it might be conserving the battery.
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
B737NGWS

Post by B737NGWS »

Certainly our car goes into some part shutdown mode after a week or so parked, no lights inside etc.
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

B737NGWS wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:19 pm Certainly our car goes into some part shutdown mode after a week or so parked, no lights inside etc.
It's very rare that my car remains unused for so long and this would explain it.
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Its an air suspension thing, the car lowers when the engine is shutdown and it starts to lower automatically when the doors are locked.

The back end lowering should only occur with the hatch open and the lower button in the boot pressed.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Col Lamb wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:56 pm Its an air suspension thing, the car lowers when the engine is shutdown and it starts to lower automatically when the doors are locked.

The back end lowering should only occur with the hatch open and the lower button in the boot pressed.
I did wonder if it was at its lowest when I tried it but it wouldn't go up either. Maybe it isn't supposed to under those circumstances?
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
грязныйдизель

Post by грязныйдизель »

All the doors need to be closed for the trunk lowering/raising to work and I think the tailgate needs to be fully up.
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

It's in the manual (!) but it won't work with the doors open. Which I guess makes sense because if they were open and sitting a few mm above a hard service, you might be a bit annoyed when the boot lowering trashed them into the ground.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

CharlesElliott wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:54 pm It's in the manual (!) but it won't work with the doors open. Which I guess makes sense because if they were open and sitting a few mm above a hard service, you might be a bit annoyed when the boot lowering trashed them into the ground.
I checked the manual and did see the requirements for it to lower but I now suspect it is a power issue and that the battery was conserving as I hadn't used the car for a week.

I rarely use this function but when I have it has worked fine.
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver