Back light on dials

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Just a quick question I remember when test driving the Macans , that the dials during the day ie.. Tachometer / Speedo are not back lit during the day time? And are only lit when the main beam lights are operating? Thanks... I just remember something was missing from the display when looking at it during the day.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊

VanB

Post by VanB »

What’s the question? Happy to help if I can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Mike and his Macan

Are the taco/ Speedo back lit during the day? Thanks VanB
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Paul

Post by Paul »

Don’t think so - I think they only come on with the headlights ....I’ll need to check😳
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

No they are not. Only lit when the lights come on. Either automatically or manually
VanB

Post by VanB »

Mike and his Macan wrote:Are the taco/ Speedo back lit during the day? Thanks VanB
No they are only backlit when the headlights are on but even when headlights are on it’s difficult to notice the backlighting during the day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Guy

Post by Guy »

When the lights are actually on, you can adjust the dash/switch brightness with the little knob under the speedo - makes them easier to see during the day.
Mike and his Macan

Thanks... I thought I had been wearing sunglasses!