Porsche News Update WTH??

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
davetronic

Post by davetronic »

Just received the latest Porsche News Update email, featuring the Macan. Got all excited about some facelift news, only to find it just seems to go on about how good the existing 2.0 Macan is. So the new order is still on hold - or is this an April Fools wind up !!??
Present: Macan S 2019 (PK1QF9N7), Audi Q3 S-line Quattro
Previous: Maserati Ghibli, 944, 911, Cayman, many Benz & BMW coupes. Sahara Beige Capri with brown vinyl roof. And a Renault R4L. (I'd like another).

Dandock

Post by Dandock »

davetronic wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:59 pm Just received the latest Porsche News Update email, featuring the Macan. Got all excited about some facelift news, only to find it just seems to go on about how good the existing 2.0 Macan is. So the new order is still on hold - or is this an April Fools wind up !!??
+1
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Col M

Post by Col M »

News isn't what it used to be.
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
alxgb

Post by alxgb »

davetronic wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:59 pm Just received the latest Porsche News Update email, featuring the Macan. Got all excited about some facelift news, only to find it just seems to go on about how good the existing 2.0 Macan is. So the new order is still on hold - or is this an April Fools wind up !!??
You'll know about facelift news way before it ever hits official Porsche channels.

I've been told by a contact over in Germany when to expect it but they've said that the launch dates are pencilled until BAU returns at the factory. Last quarter of the year before official announcements.
eakae

Post by eakae »

Col M wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:09 pm News isn't what it used to be.
These days I believe they call it fake. I can see why...
Current: Defender V8 CE
Sold: Macan Turbo PP
Back to OPC: Cayenne
Back to OPC: Macan Turbo
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

I assume this is ‘we are struggling to sell the remaining Macans before the facelift so let’s publicise it’
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

There are times when Senior Managers within companies are stuck so far up each others rear ends that the obvious eludes them.

The factory is shutting down so on startup that would be the ideal time to introduce the facelifted version.

Stock would run down during the closure and all that would be required would be to advise waiting customers that their soon to be built Macan would be the facelifted version and offer them the chance to accept or decline.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
davetronic

Post by davetronic »

Agreed!
What confuses me is why pick this model (not that I have anything against it ) to include in an official update bulletin, as it doesn't appear to me that there is anything changed on it!
Present: Macan S 2019 (PK1QF9N7), Audi Q3 S-line Quattro
Previous: Maserati Ghibli, 944, 911, Cayman, many Benz & BMW coupes. Sahara Beige Capri with brown vinyl roof. And a Renault R4L. (I'd like another).
Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

Col Lamb wrote:There are times when Senior Managers within companies are stuck so far up each others rear ends that the obvious eludes them.

The factory is shutting down so on startup that would be the ideal time to introduce the facelifted version.

Stock would run down during the closure and all that would be required would be to advise waiting customers that their soon to be built Macan would be the facelifted version and offer them the chance to accept or decline.
I guess the problem is that presumably they cannot take any order for a “new” macan because they don’t know what that will consist of. The models may well be different, new engines and new prices no doubt. So other then sell off existing ones there isn’t much they can do. I wonder how much stock they have left to clear, especially as you can’t order one for the next few months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )