Anyone amended an order?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
BlueHorseshoe

Post by BlueHorseshoe »

Two weeks back I ordered a new Macan in nightshade blue. Couldn’t find any physical examples of the Macan in nightshade blue, but thought it looked decent on the website, and the wife really liked it, so just plumped for the blue.

Then, today, I park next to a Macan in nightshade blue. And I hate it. Not a little. A lot.

Spoke to the dealership and they say it is impossible to amend the spec once it has been submitted.

The order only went in a couple of weeks back, and isn’t due to be delivered until end of May, so assumed it must be possible to make superficial amendments to the spec, but dealership refuses to assist.

Any advice / experience with the same?

Scott Cowan

Post by Scott Cowan »

I changed the order of my first Macan 7 times.. with the last change being 2 months before build date. In fairness you're looking to change the order within what I would suspect to be within 4 to 5 weeks of the build date.. if as you say it is to be delivered to the dealer before the end of May.. It's cutting it fine I would say.. Others on here may have a different opinion.

Cowan
Manual 992 GT3 Touring (due January 2024)
2014 LR Defender 110 JE Engineering restomod 4.8L V8
BMW 330E (my wife's car)
Macan Turbo
subaxtreme

Post by subaxtreme »

If what your referring to is 'night blue' I did the same thing. I felt it was the best of a bad lot but in the flesh it was even worse. (pity because it replaced a rather nice blue) Sorry to say I sold the car and got a 'black' black Cayenne- at least it doesn't change colour
Stephen
Cayenne S Diesel
Sold: Macan SD
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Saw a Night Blue Cayman in the OPC recently and thought it looked stunning.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Rennwagen

Post by Rennwagen »

You are likely unable to change it at this point but best to check with your sales adviser. I would also email Porsche Exclusive directly.

My PTS Macan, also a May production, has not been changeable for a while. Further, the Exclusive rep says they have already ordered the paint. I have heard of someone with a late change after “lock” but it was for adding Porsche Connect, not a special order (Exclusive) aspect of the car like the paint.

See attached image referring to my car earlier this week.Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 Macan Turbo/PP in PTS Malachite Green to be completed 6/1/18
2015 Macan Turbo in Sapphire Blue delivered 2/28/15
alxgb

Post by alxgb »

BlueHorseshoe wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:19 pm Two weeks back I ordered a new Macan in nightshade blue. Couldn’t find any physical examples of the Macan in nightshade blue, but thought it looked decent on the website, and the wife really liked it, so just plumped for the blue.

Then, today, I park next to a Macan in nightshade blue. And I hate it. Not a little. A lot.

Spoke to the dealership and they say it is impossible to amend the spec once it has been submitted.

The order only went in a couple of weeks back, and isn’t due to be delivered until end of May, so assumed it must be possible to make superficial amendments to the spec, but dealership refuses to assist.

Any advice / experience with the same?
Assume you are referring to 'Night Blue Metallic' which is a standard colour versus PTS (Paint to Sample).

Colour representation online, particularly for metallics is impossible to accurately achieve for a very long list of reasons.

Did you ask to see a physical colour sample? If the dealer didn't have a swatch (they should carry all standard colours), they should have been able to find the colour on a physical vehicle on site, even if it wasn't the same model. PTS is much harder.

I would ask the dealer what the lock date is on your order - if you got a late build slot, it's conceivable that your lock date came up very quickly and what they're saying is right. If you've not hit lock in the production system, vehicle planning can change the colour.

If the lock date has passed, there really isn't anything the dealer can do to amend the specification.

You can either burn the deposit and cancel the order or see if you can broker a purchase where the dealer buys the car from you against a second order. They may not go for it but putting in another order gives you leverage you don't have now.

Good luck.
Macananon

Post by Macananon »

Have you asked your SM at your OPC. I think they will be able to advise your options more so than anyone on here.
VanB

Post by VanB »

I managed to change the interior of my 911 just after lock down but think I was very lucky. As has been said ask what the lock down date is/was for your order and, if it hasn't passed, you should be able to change the colour. If it has passed then you will be out of luck other than to try what alxgb has suggested.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

All good advice above

The only thing I would add is make sure whatever colour you pick you see it in the flesh. Ideally on a Macan.
Yellow looks stunning on a 911 but not so on a Macan imo. All personal taste.

Hope it all works out ok for you.
GTS 😀
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

alxgb wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:10 am

... or see if you can broker a purchase where the dealer buys the car from you against a second order. They may not go for it but putting in another order gives you leverage you don't have now.

Good luck.
They might go for this if they like the spec - they are currently increasing stock levels to sell over the summer when the factory shuts down. Obviously you won't then get a build slot until later this year or next year.