Anyone amended an order?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Certainly ha pie a good talk with your dealer and can't believe they couldn't let you see an actual car in your chosen colour at any time before lock down. However they will say in their defence you chose the colour I guess. For me the colour choice was always very simple for a Macan, Sapphire easily ticked.

And also remember that daylight, how clean the car is, spec and wheels can all make a colour look different so it may be that you saw a bad example on a bad day and you may still like the car you have ordered.

Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

I can confirm Nigh Blue does vary with illumination, near black metallic sometimes, never bright blue if that was the colour you were after.
I thought it was a classy colour but it was in the minority when someone did a poll some time ago. I would say that I have had cars that were not my first choice of colour, amazing how time heals you don’t notice after a while – I also had terrible time trying to see anything in the same colour before I received the car but there are more around now.
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960
Trosley

Post by Trosley »

"Then, today, I park next to a Macan in nightshade blue. And I hate it. Not a little. A lot"

Oh no definitely not what I wanted to read! I have seen a couple of moonlight blue Macans and personally, I thought they looked extremely stylish. So much so that I have ordered a new Cayenne S in night blue which I believe is a very similar colour but so far, for me, totally unseen. I think that with many colours it is not just the colour of the car that is important but it is the combination of the exterior and interior colours that can make all the difference. I am sure when you get to meet your new car in the showroom you will see it with completely different eyes and will drive away with a huge smile on your face!
Previous: Macan SD 2014
Current: Cayenne S 2018
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

I too nearly made the same mistake... only buy a thousand to one chance dealer had the same spec choice in stock as I had chosen, I immediately changed it.... as in the flesh it was completely different... I actually think the blue looks nice..
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
VanB

Post by VanB »

Loved the night blue on my Macan - changed a lot with the lighting but always looked good (the clean). However, if you don't like it you don't like it!
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

if all else fails and you want still the delivery date of this Macan, then you could get it wrapped in the colour of your choice. :idea:
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

The spec and hence order only needs to be locked down about 6 weeks prior to the build.

Up until lockdown your deposit is fully refundable and hence why SEs are keen to get a spec locked down asap and a lot of BS about delays etc add pressure to sign up for lockdown.

As the actual build and transportation to your OPC is likely to between 14 & 28 days it looks like your spec has been locked down.

Yes you can change it but it will delay and as the factory is shutting down in this instance a delay would be unacceptable to Porsche Germany.

Accept what you are getting and enjoy a great car.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Gonzo0

Post by Gonzo0 »

All orders outstanding with the factory were locked down over 2 weeks ago now, Porsche HQ did a blanket wide lockdown.

This is due to the impending factory shutdown and getting everything 'out of the door' to avoid any delays.

Our Macan GTS is also coming towards end of May. Not picking it up until July though.
microbe

Post by microbe »

I like my midnight blue Macan. Yes the colour does vary depending on light levels but I think it looks classy. It might be me but the black appearance reduces over tim
Porsche Macan S - www.porsche-code.com/PHH2H4S9
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Whilst night blue would not be my first choice I would not say I hate it. It seems a colour that changes a lot under different light.

1A175B24-9BEF-49BA-A5C4-7B90EDC50DAA.png

D050AA35-B99F-4047-BAFC-61873704B254.png

D4B38ADA-C813-43D2-B431-D3774EDC6F3A.png

2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.