Ordered a GTS!

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Elucius

Post by Elucius »

I had decided to wait for a facelift Turbo and had a deposit down.
I currently have a 65 plate Diesel S
The OPC had a few used GTSs and Turbos so I went along for a look and drive.
I drove both a GTS and a Turbo and much preferred the GTS. I was then offered a new GTS which the dealer had ordered, in fact I had a choice from three. I decided on a reasonably spec'd Volcanic Grey car which is being built mid April! I'm really pleased and got a good deal.
The Macan is my daily driver and I have a 991.2 4 GTS to play with so am more than happy with the performance of the GTS.
I could have waited for a facelift car but to be honest I'm not that patient!
I'm still very happy a week after doing the deal so its clearly right for me!

eakae

Post by eakae »

Congrats! Great knowing there are deals to be done ahead of the facelift... I’m curious, what was it about the GTS you preferred? Was it related to the spec or was it to do with the drive?
Current: Defender V8 CE
Sold: Macan Turbo PP
Back to OPC: Cayenne
Back to OPC: Macan Turbo
Elucius

Post by Elucius »

Hi Eakae
Thanks! I was also interested in a used Turbo PP the OPC had. As I said I drove both a turbo and a GTS and just preferred the drive in the GTS. I thought the Turbo was a great car too and it was just a matter of personal preference. Driving the GTS I felt more in contact with the car and I found it a more engaging experience. I passed on the Turbo PP, which is also a great car, as I've a 991 as well and see that as my car to blow the cobwebs away!
eakae

Post by eakae »

Thanks. That’s really interesting especially given your experience with the 991. Might have to take a GTS for a spin!

Will be great to here how you get on with it after a few months... Enjoy! You certainly have the best of both worlds...
Current: Defender V8 CE
Sold: Macan Turbo PP
Back to OPC: Cayenne
Back to OPC: Macan Turbo
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

+1... great colour :D
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Elucius

Post by Elucius »

Mike and his Macan wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:33 pm +1... great colour :D
Yes it is isn't it!
MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

Love your combo of two GTSs (991 + Macan) - a great garage!
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Congrats Elucius on ordering the GTS. That will be my next Porsche having just sold my SD (literally left my driveway 1hr ago).

The dealer has a GTS coming through which I am tempted by but am also curious as to what the facelift will look like.

The dealer has said that it is unlikely the facelift will apply to the GTS as it came out 2 years after the Macan model was released but I cannot get it out of my head that they will build two different Macans keeping the original GTS style.

Is this sales talk to get a buyer for the GTS they have already ordered? I don't know.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Paul

Post by Paul »

I don’t think they will bazza - you just won’t be able to get a GTS until 18 months into the facelift lifecycle.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
VanB

Post by VanB »

I suspect Paul is right Bazza as the GTS is normally a run out model released mid-late product lifecycle
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate