Volcano Grey GTS - 500 mile review

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Yep... suffered the same, I’m currently after one that is frequently perfuming my car on a regular basis , and I’m sure it’s the same one that sits on the bonnet when she is cold, I have a hose ready .
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊

alxgb

Post by alxgb »

Wing Commander wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:44 pm Brilliant 500 mile review, Alex!

It's great that you're so pleased with your Macan GTS. :)

Your SE's initials aren't M.C. are they...? ;)

Love your tentative spec for a T! Had I found a wad of cash down the back of the sofa, I'd have loved to have added RAS and PCCBs...

Will be doing 400+ miles in the T this weekend, so will write a 600 mile review soon, though my writing skills are not up to yours!

Cheers,

Simon
Thanks Simon, I appreciate the kind comments. It's a great car.

If it's the dealer where you got your T, yes, Michael is my SE for the GTS. The rest of my business is still in London and if MC looks after me with allocations, he'll get the lot.

I'm looking forward to your review and some more pictures. :D
alxgb

Post by alxgb »

Taz wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:43 pm I echo the previous comments regarding the quality of your review. I have just completed 600 miles in my VG Macan Turbo and have loved every minute of it (well almost).

I had a Cayenne Diesel S previously which was a lovely car to drive and especially for long distance journeys, even if it did wallow a bit in the corners when I pushed on a bit. The car was 3 years old and the usual itch started to appear, despite me having told my wife that I would be keeping it for a long time.

She has a painful hip and the height of the car, coupled with our sloping driveway meant that she had difficulty getting into and out of the Cayenne. Ultimately that was the deciding factor in making the change and to a Macan.

The ride is fine and the handling is sublime; it does certainly warrant the label of being the best handling SUV. I can't comment on the peer as I am still 'running it in' but it certainly feels as if it is going to be entertaining once I unleash all of the horses.

The only thing that I have to complain about is next door's cat - which climbed up onto the roof of my car using its claws to get onto the bonnet before climbing up the windscreen onto the roof. The scratches on the bonnet confirm the route it took (my preference would be a route to a mortuary for the animal).

Anyway, here is another satisfied customer.
Thanks, appreciate the kind words and I'm pleased to hear that there is someone else enjoying the fastest colour. :D You'll have to post up your impressions once you've run in, always interesting to hear other people's comments.

I would make a joke about the cat finding affinity in the Macan due the name reference but scratching your car is not a joke. Have you tried Ultrasonic cat scarers placed near the car? The last cat in our garden lost half its tail thanks to our dog. It convinced it not to return although I've not had the heart to tell the neighbour who owns the cat just how 'Tiddles' came to look like a poor approximation of a Bobcat.
alxgb

Post by alxgb »

Mike and his Macan wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:55 pm Yep... suffered the same, I’m currently after one that is frequently perfuming my car on a regular basis , and I’m sure it’s the same one that sits on the bonnet when she is cold, I have a hose ready .
Electrify the bonnet. A light tickle will deter and get her heart rate going?
Caster

Post by Caster »

Taz wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:43 pm The only thing that I have to complain about is next door's cat - which climbed up onto the roof of my car using its claws to get onto the bonnet before climbing up the windscreen onto the roof. The scratches on the bonnet confirm the route it took (my preference would be a route to a mortuary for the animal).
I could lend you the dog for a couple of days Taz - she likes cats !!!

chloe.jpg

Dave

Macan SD - Volcano Grey (with mudflaps) :D
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

alxgb wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:18 pm Thanks Simon, I appreciate the kind comments. It's a great car.

If it's the dealer where you got your T, yes, Michael is my SE for the GTS. The rest of my business is still in London and if MC looks after me with allocations, he'll get the lot.

Hi Alex

I was very happy with Michael as an SE. 32 years with Porsche, and about half of that in the workshop/service department before he migrated to sales.

He did a great job on handover day. He even turned the dent in the door trim into a positive, as he volunteered it, before my inspection, confirming they'd already ordered a replacement part. I could have easily missed it in my excitement.

I'll post a further update on the T next week sometime, after touring around Wiltshire, plus a day trip to Kent! :)

Cheers,

Simon
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Taz

Post by Taz »

Caster,

Thank you, yes I would be very grateful to be a dog walker for you and to scare the living daylights out of next door’s feline.

Our neighbours are moving in two weeks so the moggy will move on.

Back to the topic - I have some long journeys coming up so hopefully it won’t be long before I can ‘release the beast’.
So when is this ‘old enough to know better’ supposed to kick in ?

Cayenne GTS - Mar 2022
Cayenne S - Aug 2019 to Mar 2022
Macan Turbo - Feb 2018 to Aug 2019
Cayenne S - Apr 2015 to Feb 2018
Cayenne - Jul 2013 - Apr 2015
BMW R1250GS - since Dec 2021
alxgb

Post by alxgb »

Wing Commander wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:59 pm
alxgb wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:18 pm Thanks Simon, I appreciate the kind comments. It's a great car.

Hi Alex

I was very happy with Michael as an SE. 32 years with Porsche, and about half of that in the workshop/service department before he migrated to sales.

He did a great job on handover day. He even turned the dent in the door trim into a positive, as he volunteered it, before my inspection, confirming they'd already ordered a replacement part. I could have easily missed it in my excitement.

I'll post a further update on the T next week sometime, after touring around Wiltshire, plus a day trip to Kent! :)

Cheers,

Simon
Hi Simon

Well, in their excitement, they missed the deformed gasket on my headlight which I discovered. I asked them to send me the part and I would replace it myself. Have to bring the car in, validate that there isn't a bigger problem and document it so they can claim from PCGB under warranty. Proposed solution would cost me 200 miles and more than half a day of my time in a working week. For a £40 part whose failure they didn't catch on PDI. We have resolved a solution but talk about an unwieldy process that places the customer last.

Disregarding their need to understand the problem for QC feedback, I do wonder where the world has gotten to that you can't change a simple part when you're clearly capable and not a moron. I'm changing the floor mats for rubber mats soon, that's reminded me, I'll need to book a service appointment to do that. :lol:

Enjoy the driving. I'm tearing out our old kitchen this weekend so my only hope of taking a car out is a dawn sortie before the wife is up and accuses me of slacking.

Alex
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Hi Alex

Good to hear that they eventually sorted out a satisfactory solution for you regarding the headlight gasket.

I must check my headlights this morning! :geek:

I asked MC if they could forward the door trim part to Swindon for fitting, when it reaches them, as it would save me the cost and hassle of a 250 mile round journey. He said if I could send him an email to that effect, it would be easier for him to arrange. :roll:

Good luck with the kitchen! If I can summon up the energy, I may wash the car this morning before heading out...

Cheers,

Simon
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Taz

Post by Taz »

Alex,

Be careful that you don't trap any gaskets when you fit the new kitchen .... :lol:
So when is this ‘old enough to know better’ supposed to kick in ?

Cayenne GTS - Mar 2022
Cayenne S - Aug 2019 to Mar 2022
Macan Turbo - Feb 2018 to Aug 2019
Cayenne S - Apr 2015 to Feb 2018
Cayenne - Jul 2013 - Apr 2015
BMW R1250GS - since Dec 2021