Volcano Grey GTS - 500 mile review

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
alxgb

Post by alxgb »

Wing Commander wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:04 am Hi Alex

Good to hear that they eventually sorted out a satisfactory solution for you regarding the headlight gasket.

I must check my headlights this morning! :geek:

I asked MC if they could forward the door trim part to Swindon for fitting, when it reaches them, as it would save me the cost and hassle of a 250 mile round journey. He said if I could send him an email to that effect, it would be easier for him to arrange. :roll:

Good luck with the kitchen! If I can summon up the energy, I may wash the car this morning before heading out...

Cheers,

Simon
Haha, 32 years of experience is shown in having everything covered as 'customer instruction'.

We're not resolved yet but they're giving me a 911 for a day or two while they fix it and the weather looks good on Thursday for it.

alxgb

Post by alxgb »

Taz wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:28 am Alex,

Be careful that you don't trap any gaskets when you fit the new kitchen .... :lol:
Haha, I'm not fitting the kitchen fortunately, I'm just removing evidence of the developer's utter incompetence. I'm more likely to blow a gasket than trap them based on some of the bodges I've discovered this morning! :D

German kitchen fitted by Germans imported directly from Germany. Have high hopes of a great result and that someone buys the kidney I'm selling on ebay to pay for it! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

alxgb wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:41 pm

Good to hear that they eventually sorted out a satisfactory solution for you regarding the headlight gasket.

I asked MC if they could forward the door trim part to Swindon for fitting, when it reaches them, as it would save me the cost and hassle of a 250 mile round journey. He said if I could send him an email to that effect, it would be easier for him to arrange. :roll:

Good luck with the kitchen! If I can summon up the energy, I may wash the car this morning before heading out...

Cheers,

Simon
Haha, 32 years of experience is shown in having everything covered as 'customer instruction'.

We're not resolved yet but they're giving me a 911 for a day or two while they fix it and the weather looks good on Thursday for it.
Enjoy the 911 loaner, Alex! I saw a nice Lava Orange 991.2 Cabriolet knocking around when I was there... ;)

And yes, the weather mid-week should be the best so far this year! :)

Cheers,

Simon
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
alxgb

Post by alxgb »

Wing Commander wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:35 pm
alxgb wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:41 pm

Cheers,

Simon

Enjoy the 911 loaner, Alex! I saw a nice Lava Orange 991.2 Cabriolet knocking around when I was there... ;)

And yes, the weather mid-week should be the best so far this year! :)

Cheers,

Simon
I will. It's a base Carrera, graphite blue. Interesting to see what it'll be like.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Base Carrera is a fine car, IMHO. 👍
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
alxgb

Post by alxgb »

Wing Commander wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:04 pm Base Carrera is a fine car, IMHO. 👍
I'm sure it'll be brilliant. It's a model and configuration I could never see myself buying which makes it interesting. I always buy the silly one. Not having kids and a wife who lets me get away with murder allows that. :D

I am subject to a one in one out policy though. I'm also told that I can't expand the garage. Wait till she finds out about double stack lifts.... :D :lol: :lol:
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

You'll be OK as long as they are all the same colour!
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
VanB

Post by VanB »

Sounds like your wife is very understanding alexgb! Mine is very good up to a point and allowed me to chop the Macan in very early for a 911 but was exasperated by the ceramic coating and now calls the car my mobile frying pan!
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Taz

Post by Taz »

Reminds me of a work colleague who had an Audi TT with the TDi engine. It was white with a private plate. He swapped it for a full fat petrol version, in white and swapped the plate. It took his wife 3 months to realise that it was a different car !
So when is this ‘old enough to know better’ supposed to kick in ?

Cayenne GTS - Mar 2022
Cayenne S - Aug 2019 to Mar 2022
Macan Turbo - Feb 2018 to Aug 2019
Cayenne S - Apr 2015 to Feb 2018
Cayenne - Jul 2013 - Apr 2015
BMW R1250GS - since Dec 2021
alxgb

Post by alxgb »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:48 pm You'll be OK as long as they are all the same colour!
My wife is way too sharp, I'd get busted on that in a heart beat. Scarily, she seems to have absorbed a lot of what I've said to the point that she recognises trim level differences and narrow versus wide body cars. I'm sort of proud and scared of her at the same time because of it.