Red Macan GTS

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Cyprio

Post by Cyprio »

I'll be visiting the west London opc to have a look at a Carmine red gts this coming Saturday. It has a great spec but what's putting me off a little is the colour. I wouldn't normally gravitate towards a red vehicle, although this one does look quite attractive.
I've always chosen dark colours in the past and maybe red will be a refreshing change. So what are your thoughts guys? Porsche certainty seem to like red, as they want you to pay £1800 quid for it as one of their colour options!
Last edited by Cyprio on Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paul

Post by Paul »

Many on here will say that Carmine is “ the” GTS colour and it does look really good!
(But I couldn’t bring myself to pay £1800 for a flat colour, £650 for metallic is steep enough!)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
alxgb

Post by alxgb »

Cyprio wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:07 pm I'll be visiting the west London opc to have a look at a Carmine red gts this coming Saturday. It has a great spec but what's putting me off a little is the colour. I wouldn't usually gravitate towards a red vehicle, although this one does look quite attractive.
I've always chosen dark colours in the past and maybe red will be a refreshing change. So what are your thoughts guys? Porsche certainty seem to like red, as they want you to pay £1800 quid for it as one of their colour options!
It's personal preference but Carmine Red is the launch colour of the car and personally, think it looks much nicer than Guards Red which is quite tomato / orange compared to Carmine.

From personal experience, Volcano Grey is faster... :lol:
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

The tri-coat Metallic Competizione Red on my QF is a £2,250 option!! It does look great and the only red car I’ve had in 26 years!

I’ve seen a couple of Carmine Red GTSs - one at the Porsche Museum in Stuttgart and one in Porsche West London. Both looked great in the flesh, but I probably wouldn’t have chosen that car from the configurator or from pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

I think the carmine red looks good on a Macan. I was going to have VG, but my wife "made" me get Sapphire blue. Certainly the brighter colours look good. I was worried that it would be too bright, but anyone who has commented has only been complimentary. I think you will find the same with carmine. A personal opinion here, but I prefer the brighter/lighter colours than the dark/monochrome ones (that will start a debate!)
BigPhil

Post by BigPhil »

If I was to buy a GTS it would probably be Carmine Red.

It's the signature GTS colour, looks great with black model lettering and (in my opinion) black door handles.

So, that's a yes from me, but only on the GTS, my Macan 2 will probably be Volcano. Unavailable when I bought mine
so I went for about the 20th black car I've bought (despite vowing "never again" every time I spend my whole life cleaning the bloody thing).

BigPhil.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH96VJA6
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Horses for courses ! Think they all look good , if you like a colour go for it , it’s you that’s driving it!
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Paul

Post by Paul »

Our erstwhile administrator EvilRas posted (on many ocasions😉) his handover video on youtube.....

https://youtu.be/B-HvzRYztqc
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
happy days

Post by happy days »

The best handling colour is Rhodium Silver. Just saying...
Macan S D
718 S
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Paul wrote:Our erstwhile administrator EvilRas posted (on many ocasions[emoji6]) his handover video on youtube.....

Even if you love red, the exterior and interior both in red takes some getting used to! [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.