Post by Miopyk »

Any opportunity to promote Team Red 8-)

IMG_0964.jpg

Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25

macview19

Post by macview19 »

I agree totally with Pauls post £1800 for a basic red (I thought Dick Turpin was dead) but he is alive and well it seems. I admit I like Carmine in the GTS but on my spec baulked at then £1600 so went for White on my GTS (delivered 1st December 2017) and spent more on items that would be of use to me.I asked if this extra for Carmine would be of advantage when part exchanging when ordering the next generation the reply was probably not.Why is Porsche so poor on their colour palette have just placed an order for a new VW Polo and there is 13 metallic and 6 base colours come on Porsche
Why can VW offer a much better choice in paint finishes without charging an arm and a leg for a base colour.The GTS is a superb car in every way but is let down by the abysmal colour choices.Had my GTS for 4 months now no contact from Porsche on how I view the vehicle not very satisfactory having spent £67500 with them
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

From a business point of view, if Porsche can get away with charging £1,800 (or more in my case) for a flat paint colour, good luck to them! Many PTS colours are also non-metallic, and even more pricey! ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
steve w

Post by steve w »

Macview19
Personally not keen on the Carmine Red but if we all liked the same we’d all be running the same colour,PORSCHE get away with charging extortionate prices for options because people like us pay it ,I have on order a VW GOLF GTI for the wife it comes so well specced up that we hardly had to add any options other the ,metallic paint,Sports suspension,glass roof ,
SteveW
Macananon

Post by Macananon »

steve w wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:11 pm Macview19
Personally not keen on the Carmine Red but if we all liked the same we’d all be running the same colour,PORSCHE get away with charging extortionate prices for options because people like us pay it ,I have on order a VW GOLF GTI for the wife it comes so well specced up that we hardly had to add any options other the ,metallic paint,Sports suspension,glass roof ,
SteveW

Is the GTI the sweetspot of the range ?
Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

macview19 wrote:Why is Porsche so poor on their colour palette have just placed an order for a new VW Polo and there is 13 metallic and 6 base colours come on Porsche
Why can VW offer a much better choice in paint finishes without charging an arm and a leg for a base colour.The GTS is a superb car in every way but is let down by the abysmal colour choices.Had my GTS for 4 months now no contact from Porsche on how I view the vehicle not very satisfactory having spent £67500 with them
I can’t believe how poor the Cayenne colour range is. 5 metallic colours from what I can see, one of which is Mahogany which I can’t believe exactly flies off the shelves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )
macview19

Post by macview19 »

Paul1970 your post sums up Porsche colour Palette Carmine red is very close to VW Flash Red produced by DUPONT and the price is £340 and as much as I like Carmine on the GTS Porsche are definitely extracting the urine at £1800. Having worked most of my working life in the Motor Industry
it is a well known fact in the trade Metallic Paint Finishes are a real money spinner never mind Base Colours at £1800.Without doubt Porsche make some of the best automobiles in the world pity the department who decide colours are not in the same category.
Cyprio

Post by Cyprio »

SteveW
Reading your comment re how well specced your VW is, I have to say this is one reason that's giving me second thoughts about a Porsche Macan. For the same money as a 2016 Macan I can buy a 2017 Audi SQ7, V8 Tri-Turbo, with a spec and interior that makes even a fairly well specced Macan look somewhat basic.
Paul

Post by Paul »

...drive both, back to back, and you’ll soon see why the Porsvhe is the better buy (if dynamic handling is one if your priorities)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
GW2015

Post by GW2015 »

Cyprio wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:49 pm
SteveW
Reading your comment re how well specced your VW is, I have to say this is one reason that's giving me second thoughts about a Porsche Macan. For the same money as a 2016 Macan I can buy a 2017 Audi SQ7, V8 Tri-Turbo, with a spec and interior that makes even a fairly well specced Macan look somewhat basic.
The Audi SQ7 is actually a Bi-Turbo engine but with a 48 volt electric compressor as well.