Adaptive Sport Seats

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Thanks
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Col Lamb wrote: ↑Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:34 am 8 way standard are very basic and have fairly flat back rest.

8 way GTS have larger back and squab bolsters and a more sculptured back rest, the range if adjustments are the same as 8 way standard.

14 way are more like standard 8 way in appearance plus 4 way lumber and 2 way squab length

18 way are similar to 8 way GTS plus 4 way lumber, 2 way squab length and adjustable bolsters.

As comfort matters its always best to check that the seats you are choosing are comfortable for you, just because others say they never adjust there 18 way, well neither do I, I have used the adjustments to get the seat precisely comfortable for me, can you guarantee that the 8 way seats are going to be comfortable, no, not without checking them out properly.

Only by an extended test drive of a Macan with the same seats, suspension and wheel size as you intend to specify can you assess how comfortable the car will be for you and your passengers.
What is the point of us giving a detail reply on the differences if two posts later the question is asked if there are different 18 way version and another responder has already stated that there are four seat versions.

The only differences in the 18 ways is the degree of bling trim specified.

If all else fails read the responses.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
alxgb

Post by alxgb »

Rab J wrote: ↑Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:28 am
alxgb wrote: ↑Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:57 am
Rab J wrote: ↑Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:52 am I thought the question the chap asked was the difference between 8 way sports and 18 way sports seats. Talking about 8 way and 14 way standard seats is only likely to confuse things.
In my experience the sports seats as available in the GTS both look the same, the only difference being that the 18 way versions have more adjustment options, chief amongst them being lumber support. It is a telling fact that many who have had 18 ways on their first Macan saw little or no advantage and were happy to save some money and go for 8 ways when they changed to a GTS.
The only reason that conversation strayed into 8 and 14 is that I linked the wrong picture which was pulled from an image carousel. I could change it to the correct one but then that would create more confusion.

I don't see how you can say that they look the same - go into the configurator, change the view to look into the car from the bonnet angle and then change the option. The insert parts of the seat change completely in pattern but I think it's the side profile when you see the seats that really distinguishes them. Until I sat in the 18, I didn't realise how pronounced the side bolsters and squab sides were. This is different to the 14 (which I have) and the standard 8. The physical shape is different. My dealer had cars with all three seats so I was able to try them all out.

Configurator does a woeful job of communicating the differences clearly though. I wrote off 18 on wear alone - a customer car was in for repairs on the seats and he showed me what a car looked like after 25k miles with the 18.
There are four seat versions, not three as you state, used in various Macans, you appear to be describing the differences between standard 8 way seats in a base or S Macan and 18 ways sports seats which are an option on all variants. The original question enquired about the difference between the two sports type seats so that is what i chose to answer. 8 way sports seats are standard in a GTS and not available in any other variant as far as I am aware. The 8 way GTS seats have the same high bolsters as the 18 way and I will admit it was difficult to get into them without bashing the bolster so no doubt anything other than very careful entry and exit would do serious damaged over time.
You're right on 4 across all Macans. I actually had it in my head that the OP was looking to buy a GTS which is why I didn't mention it as it wasn't an option. That's my bad. The 18 has a different squab bolster - if you press down on it with your hand, you can feel a wire frame that builds up the side whereas on a standard 8 way (on the GTS), you don't feel that same support.