Number of diesel cars on UK roads at record levels

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

"In 2017 the total number of diesel cars on Britain's roads actually increased, this is despite Government efforts to discourage diesel cars through media demonization and a raft of new taxes and charges."

full article: https://www.petrolprices.com/news/numbe ... rs-record/

Also despite all the press about new diesel car sales being down in Q1 2018, pure electric car sales were down 16% in March 2018.

see: Published 06 April 2018 www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/car-market/20 ... ncentives/

"The Government is under pressure to increase electric vehicle grants and provide a clearer message on diesel, after new car sales fell for the 12th consecutive month.

Demand was down by almost 16 per cent in March, with 88,268 fewer new cars leaving showrooms compared to the same month in 2017
."
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver

Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

It’s no surprise, Cheapish fuel ,amazing economy, great speed ... it’s only natural that these cars continue to be popular, living in the real world costs.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Deleted User 2325

Post by Deleted User 2325 »

I would be interested to know what the non-cheat pollution measure is of the Macan diesel models. Porsche are lucky they don't produce many cars so have avoided the spotlight.

Netflix Dirty Money series no 1. Shocking monkey business!
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Macadam wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:32 pm I would be interested to know what the non-cheat pollution measure is of the Macan diesel models. Porsche are lucky they don't produce many cars so have avoided the spotlight.

No they have not avoided the spotlight.

German Police have raided Porsche offices to gather evidence on the 3.0 diesels, which makes sense as they are Audi engines.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Col Lamb wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:36 pm
Macadam wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:32 pm I would be interested to know what the non-cheat pollution measure is of the Macan diesel models. Porsche are lucky they don't produce many cars so have avoided the spotlight.

No they have not avoided the spotlight.

German Police have raided Porsche offices to gather evidence on the 3.0 diesels, which makes sense as they are Audi engines.
... and we’re reportedly interviewing a least one board member.

Also Autocar are saying that a Cayenne diesel will be launched later this year. Presumably with an all-new engine. If so then clearly even Porsche for whom diesels are a minority model still believe in the technology as a (relatively) clean and efficient power source. Certainly clean enough to continue with an offering.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Taz

Post by Taz »

The 3.0 litre diesel engine in the Cayenne came as a complete package from Audi, whereas the 4.2 V8 was just the base engine (so I was informed by a person who should know).
So when is this ‘old enough to know better’ supposed to kick in ?

Cayenne GTS - Mar 2022
Cayenne S - Aug 2019 to Mar 2022
Macan Turbo - Feb 2018 to Aug 2019
Cayenne S - Apr 2015 to Feb 2018
Cayenne - Jul 2013 - Apr 2015
BMW R1250GS - since Dec 2021
andreas

Post by andreas »

Col Lamb wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:36 pm

Didn't I read somewhere though that these "Audi engines" are actually made in a Porsche engine plant?
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

It will be many years (if ever) before diesel cars disappear off the UK roads.
Spud

Post by Spud »

The SD Macan is a brilliant car, just looked at my OPC site and they look like they have sold my old SD within a week
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Spud wrote:The SD Macan is a brilliant car, just looked at my OPC site and they look like they have sold my old SD within a week
Same experience when I sold mine. It went in a couple of days. Still strong demand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.