Sold within a day....

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Having seen that most people are reluctant to sell privately, I have just sold my beloved 640d to a private buyer within a day , ‘thus saving Around 4K if I had traded in. I just can’t get my head around people that don’t try and do this them selfs. obviously it dosnt work for some due to financial reasons ( needing the money to purchase the new car, and getting the timing right but if these are no problem, why wouldn’t you sell privately.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊

Spud

Post by Spud »

Mike and his Macan wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:27 am Having seen that most people are reluctant to sell privately, I have just sold my beloved 640d to a private buyer within a day , ‘thus saving Around 4K if I had traded in. I just can’t get my head around people that don’t try and do this them selfs. obviously it dosnt work for some due to financial reasons ( needing the money to purchase the new car, and getting the timing right but if these are no problem, why wouldn’t you sell privately.
Good going Mike, pre Macans i sold the wifes 3 Series and my XF within a week on Autotrader, like you say for what it costs its worth a try 👍
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Thats a great result for you.

Previously I have tried to sell a Pug 206GTI it was in stunning condition, zero responses from Autotrader and Pistonheads.

Then tried my Audi Q3, and again zero response, well that is not quite right, I did get an independent offer me £5k less than Porsche offered as their trade in price.

Then tried to sell my 7 months old well spec’d Macan SD, again zero interest from Autotrader and Pistonheads despite there still being at least a 9 months wait for a new SD.

So yep be very pleased with yourself.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Mike and his Macan

One of the forgotten hero’s ( 206 gti ) .
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

Mike and his Macan wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:27 am Having seen that most people are reluctant to sell privately, I have just sold my beloved 640d to a private buyer within a day , ‘thus saving Around 4K if I had traded in. I just can’t get my head around people that don’t try and do this them selfs. obviously it dosnt work for some due to financial reasons ( needing the money to purchase the new car, and getting the timing right but if these are no problem, why wouldn’t you sell privately.
I'm with you. Good result too to sell in a day.
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Unfortunately I did not have time this time around to try to sell privately but I was happy with the p/x price on my SD (£2k more than WBAC) plus over £6500 off the pre reg SD. Dealer did not even ask if my P/x had NAV ( which it didn’t ). My old SD now seems to have sold as it was MOTd and taxed last week.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
Spud

Post by Spud »

mark-yorkshire wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:36 am Unfortunately I did not have time this time around to try to sell privately but I was happy with the p/x price on my SD (£2k more than WBAC) plus over £6500 off the pre reg SD. Dealer did not even ask if my P/x had NAV ( which it didn’t ). My old SD now seems to have sold as it was MOTd and taxed last week.
Never convinced by WBAC Mark, my OPC gave me £7,000 more than the WBAC valuation, feel they are ok for probably what i class main stream, I was more than happy with my OPC,like me you got a good all round deal by the sounds of it 👍
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Spud wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:51 am
mark-yorkshire wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:36 am Unfortunately I did not have time this time around to try to sell privately but I was happy with the p/x price on my SD (£2k more than WBAC) plus over £6500 off the pre reg SD. Dealer did not even ask if my P/x had NAV ( which it didn’t ). My old SD now seems to have sold as it was MOTd and taxed last week.
Never convinced by WBAC Mark, my OPC gave me £7,000 more than the WBAC valuation, feel they are ok for probably what i class main stream, I was more than happy with my OPC,like me you got a good all round deal by the sounds of it 👍
In January 2017 WBAC were offering more than my OPC so I cancelled my order. Sometimes WBAC are quite good if your car is lightly optioned. I think I paid about £51000 when I bought my last Macan in May 2015 and so was quite happy with £37500 p/x at 23000 miles and 34 months old.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
Giz9

Post by Giz9 »

I would be unsure of the process. Could you give your opinion on the following issues and how you deal with them?

- The buyer wants to test drive the car. Even if s/he has insurance, it will only cover them for third parties, I think. What if they damage it?
- If they want to buy it, how do you sequence the transfer? Deposit? Registration doc? Balance of payment? Handover?
- What method of payment do you accept since BACS can be reversed for quite a long period of time? CHAPS would be okay but takes longer.

If I was confident in the answers to these issues, I might well sell privately.
Diesel S - Dark Blue/Luxor Beige. http://www.porsche-code.com/PFRFZG58
Deposit 9/4/2014
Locked down 6/3/2015
Built 12/5/2015. Delivered 2/6/2015
Mike and his Macan

The points you raise are good ones but in all my sales ( around 60 ) I have “touch wood “never ever had any problems ,the key is due diligence and your own experience on how to deal with people... this is what dealerships rely on to put people off selling privately.

As for allowing people to drive the car , I have never agreed to someone driving my cars without a guarantee that they will buy. it if drives and functions as it should do , secondly you could before they agree to drive your car you can take a deposit of say £500 if they want to drive it... most buyers ,will if seriously interested, will bring a deposit to secure the car.you can figure on what you would be happy with as a deposit. Obviously there is still risk attached again . If you are not happy with there driving which I have never encountered, ask them to stop!

It’s very easy to change a reg document, it needs to be filled in at the time of sales .... most people are unlikely to want to carry vast sums of cash around ... however I have had instances of 30k plus... again in some ways you have answered you own question in regards to payment... use chaps release car when funds are clear , some people are happy to go to a branch and transfer money into your account with you present... or insist in paying you cash-if anyone is unhappy with your request of payment... walk away .

So in my sale I have received a £500 deposit in cash , he is happy to transfer monies into my account prior to collecting car , again this is down to how you are or your buyer feels ... The vast majority of people ,in fact all I have met are hard working genuine trustworthy people who want to buy a nice car with no problems and see you have looked after it. In this particular sale he declined to test drive it ... it’s not unusual for this this happen , previously I have had to persuade people to take the car on a test drive before buying but again not all do . Hope it helps... most people that don’t sell on websites don’t take the time to take good photos ( lots ) price wrong but more importantly use the advert as a insightful hint to your personality , how often do you whash car, what products what mpg you have achieved, what you like about it ( Head up display, ) maybe. How long you have owned it , why you are selling, what you are buying even .. it’s albout due diligence... trust.. relationship.
Last edited by Mike and his Macan on Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.