Sold within a day....

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
SRDL

Post by SRDL »

Some good questions from Giz9 and many thanks to Mike for a very helpful reply
Steve
Mercedes-AMG GLC 43 (3 litre, 367bhp) - in the end I went for that rather than a Macan S - sorry!

Spud

Post by Spud »

mark-yorkshire wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:45 pm
Spud wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:51 am
mark-yorkshire wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:36 am Unfortunately I did not have time this time around to try to sell privately but I was happy with the p/x price on my SD (£2k more than WBAC) plus over £6500 off the pre reg SD. Dealer did not even ask if my P/x had NAV ( which it didn’t ). My old SD now seems to have sold as it was MOTd and taxed last week.
Never convinced by WBAC Mark, my OPC gave me £7,000 more than the WBAC valuation, feel they are ok for probably what i class main stream, I was more than happy with my OPC,like me you got a good all round deal by the sounds of it 👍
In January 2017 WBAC were offering more than my OPC so I cancelled my order. Sometimes WBAC are quite good if your car is lightly optioned. I think I paid about £51000 when I bought my last Macan in May 2015 and so was quite happy with £37500 p/x at 23000 miles and 34 months old.

Would agree Mark regarding the options which is why with the GTS i kept them to just what i felt essential
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Spud wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:08 pm

Never convinced by WBAC Mark, my OPC gave me £7,000 more than the WBAC valuation, feel they are ok for probably what i class main stream, I was more than happy with my OPC,like me you got a good all round deal by the sounds of it 👍
In January 2017 WBAC were offering more than my OPC so I cancelled my order. Sometimes WBAC are quite good if your car is lightly optioned. I think I paid about £51000 when I bought my last Macan in May 2015 and so was quite happy with £37500 p/x at 23000 miles and 34 months old.

Would agree Mark regarding the options which is why with the GTS i kept them to just what i felt essential
Nice spec Spud. I’m not yet convinced by power steering plus. I have it on my new Macan but did not have it on my previous two. It’s nice for parking manoeuvres but never really seems to firm up as much as I would like at higher speeds. It would be good if you could switch it on and off with a button. May I suggest that you add a heated steering wheel to your spec- best priced option there is in my opinion.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
Garty2010

Post by Garty2010 »

mark-yorkshire wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:26 pm

Nice spec Spud. I’m not yet convinced by power steering plus. I have it on my new Macan but did not have it on my previous two. It’s nice for parking manoeuvres but never really seems to firm up as much as I would like at higher speeds. It would be good if you could switch it on and off with a button. May I suggest that you add a heated steering wheel to your spec- best priced option there is in my opinion.
+1 on the heated steering wheel - I regretted not ticking that option all winter.
Sapphire blue Macan GTS
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJZ7F2T6
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

mark-yorkshire wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:26 pm

It is only a software item, it can be switched off by an OPC.

Conversely it can be added for a cost and all an OPC has to do is obtain an unlock code from Germany.

The mechanical steering system is exactly the same and it has been proved that the gearing is the same since here a while back those with and without noted the full lock to full lock turns of the wheel.

Since the system works progressively with max assistance at low parking speeds and the assistance reduces to zero at normal road speeds so you should not really notice a difference once up to speed.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

mark-yorkshire wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:36 am Unfortunately I did not have time this time around to try to sell privately but I was happy with the p/x price on my SD (£2k more than WBAC) plus over £6500 off the pre reg SD. Dealer did not even ask if my P/x had NAV ( which it didn’t ). My old SD now seems to have sold as it was MOTd and taxed last week.
I would consider WBAC and OPC offers in general to be scraping the bottom of the barrel. I sold my 997.2 C4S privately (well it actually ended up being bought by a well respected indy Porsche dealer) for around £10K more than the OPC I originally bought it from offered (clowns) and I didn't even bother with a WBAC valuation. Sold it within 24 hours of the private add going live with zero hassle. The dealer wasn't greedy either, advertised it for only £4K more with warranty and it was sold on within a week. Maybe the OPC would have offered a better deal in P/ex, but we all know how that business model works.
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

I have sold lots of cars privately and always found the main thing is to be realistic with the price asked. No point in asking OPC prices as unless incredibly lucky you wont get a call.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50