25%
Chester are great.
25%
Steer clear of Chester.
No votes

Total votes: 4

BHT

Post by BHT »

Being located in Shropshire means the nearest dealers are located in either Wolverhampton or Chester. I bought my Macan from Porsche Bournemouth and have to say the experience with the guys there was most pleasurable, but a 440 mile round thrip to visit them for a service etc would be a bit much.

So, it's a choice of Wolverhampton or Chester.... do any of you guys have good or bad experience of either of these dealers?
2017 Macan diesel with all available options.

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Not bought from Chester but a few test drives there and a cancelled order on my part resulted in great service.

East of Chester is Wilmslow, if you want a bad Sales experience visit there to test drive then buy elsewhere.

Given the service infrequency it does not matter really where you buy from.

Bought twice myself from Kendal, great experience.

In about a year there will be a new Porsche OPC in Preston, the diggers are on site getting the foundations ready for the build, the company that will have the dealership is Bowkers who are great to deal with.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
spook

Post by spook »

Currently living over the county line in Staffordshire , moving back to Shropshire in August.

Visited Chester they were very helpful with my 911 enquires and its ok if you want to go shopping at Cheshire Oaks :-)

Visited Wolverhampton on the off chance of a 911 test drive (I knew they had a demo but I did not call ahead) they seemed more relaxed and friendly. Test drive was no problem and when I got there I found out that I knew their business manager from a previous purchase from Sutton Coldfield. The SE looked around my Macan Petrol S while I was on the test drive and made me an offer I could not turn down, however my current OPC matched it without hesitation (£4K in 18 months).

I have not had any problems with Wilmsow (Sales or Service) with my two purchases, and Alan in the service department (has been there for years) is very knowledgeable and friendly. I find its more about the rapport you can build and with my looooong wait for a Petrol S I had plenty of time to get to know my Wilmslow SE quite well.

However I'm sure I could warm to Wolverhampton, they knew my situation with Wilmslow and just said pop back when you get your 911 for coffee and a chat.
911 C2 Pickup 14th April 2018 :D :D
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJN1HBF2
Pensioner Petrol S - http://www.porsche-code.com/PHMKHZF4 - Deposit place 11/11/14 - Pick up 09/05/16 - SOLD 30/08/17 :-(
Steve1

Post by Steve1 »

I would highly recommend Porsche Sutton Coldfield that isn’t to far away from Wolverhampton?

Steve
Taz

Post by Taz »

I have bought three new cars from this dealer chain. The first two from Sutton Coldfield and the most recent from Wolverhampton.

The original plan was for the Wolverhampton building to be constructed, move the staff across and close Sutton Coldfield, however I was told that the loyal customer base exerted sufficient pressure to convince them to keep it open and run both sites.

I have only good things to say about my experiences with both sites and their staff.

They are part of the Stratstone group.
So when is this ‘old enough to know better’ supposed to kick in ?

Cayenne GTS - Mar 2022
Cayenne S - Aug 2019 to Mar 2022
Macan Turbo - Feb 2018 to Aug 2019
Cayenne S - Apr 2015 to Feb 2018
Cayenne - Jul 2013 - Apr 2015
BMW R1250GS - since Dec 2021
MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

BHT wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:36 am Being located in Shropshire means the nearest dealers are located in either Wolverhampton or Chester. I bought my Macan from Porsche Bournemouth and have to say the experience with the guys there was most pleasurable, but a 440 mile round thrip to visit them for a service etc would be a bit much.

So, it's a choice of Wolverhampton or Chester.... do any of you guys have good or bad experience of either of these dealers?
If you want to come a little further North, I have an excellent relationship with Bolton, bought lots of cars from them and could put you in touch with a great guy. If it's not too far let me know and Ill do some introductions.

Hope that helps.

Arif
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S
BHT

Post by BHT »

Thanks for the replies folks. If anyone else has any experience of either please shout.
2017 Macan diesel with all available options.
preamble

Post by preamble »

Hi, its interesting hearing the other opinions on this thread. I’ve recently started a search for my first Porsche and my experience thus far with the exception of Sutton Coldfield has been dreadful and quite a shock having bought many BMWs and Audi’s I expected something special from Porsche - maybe my expectations were too high? I’ve tried to correlate this with my wife’s impression too and we both had the same opinions - so it’s not just me. My local dealer is Solihull and I’ve been really disappointed so far, they have not shown any enthusiasm or attention to our need during our visits. I then visited Wolverhampton and agreed to get a test drive planned but the SE comms were so bad I had to chase him for updates to confirm it would be ready on time. Final straw was last week when he failed to update me before a planned visit, so I decided that if they cannot be bothered when selling it’s probably a sign - so I cancelled my visit and have them some raw feedback. Contrast that with Sutton Coldfield that I visited recently and have agreed to a test drive, the experience has been excellent from the moment I walked in. I now have a test drive planned and the SE called me today just to keep me in the loop on some questions I had and the status of the car being ready for a testdrive. I’m so glad my impression of Porsche is now improving with my recent experience at Sutton. Again to correlate even my wife said that SE was really nice, enthusiastic and really paid attention and was more than happy to spend time with us even though it was getting close to closing time on a Sat afternoon. Needless to say if I do buy a Porsche it will definitely be from this OPC .

Surprising to hear how experiences differ, maybe I’ve been unlucky.......twice! Ultimately if I’m going to part with my hard earned cash I’m not just going to give it away to an SE or OPC that is inattentive and lazy - they need to make it an experience from the very moment I walk in and so far Sutton are coming up trumps.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
r1flyguy

Post by r1flyguy »

preamble wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:42 pm Hi, its interesting hearing the other opinions on this thread. I’ve recently started a search for my first Porsche and my experience thus far with the exception of Sutton Coldfield has been dreadful and quite a shock My local dealer is Solihull and I’ve been really disappointed so far, they have not shown any enthusiasm or attention to our need during our visits.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Funny you should say that. They are my local too. Never bought a car there as the stock never had what i wanted, ive bought from SC (a 997.1 TT) and they were good, there was an issue with the aerokit but it was sorted and aftersales were good.
I purchased my Macan from Bournemouth, there SE’s action post sale led to a complaint but collection was exemplary. Ive digressed but getting back on track.....
My 911 was purchased from Edinburgh (& first BoxsterS) but obviously being mids based, its too far for a service :)
Both cars and current Macan & 991.1TTS are serviced at Solihul and their servicing department are excellent. Price match and or discounts (PCGB member) are readily offered.

SC recently quoted for a major service on my 911 which was more than solihull with the distance travelling to either making solihull the better option on both counts.

The cars ive tried to buy new from Solihul are not available to me :roll:
Macan GTS collected 01/092022 - PN4IVH48

Previous - 2015 Macan SD
Previous - 991.1 TTS met an untimely and sad end.
Previous - 2008 997 Turbo traded for TurboS
Previous - 2003 986 BoxsterS Sold due to needing a 3rd seat :D
Paul

Post by Paul »

I think dealerships and / or sales execs are as good or bad as any other retail outlet and significantly dependant on the human interaction between people.

Some will slate certain outlets because of one poor experience xx years ago whilst others can’t praise the same outlet highly enough.

It is, sadly in my opinion, the way the world is going (has gone?) that our expectations have become so high that the moment the slightest thing goes wrong we immediately dismiss that particular vendor and move on elsewhere. It doesn't help that we have all been educated to shop around for the best price, driving margins down thus leaving certain sales people to believe they are “wasting their time” (which may or may not be the case) which then leads to high staff turnover as disillusioned and “poorly paid” sales staff look for that green pasture.

The best advice is to ask for opinions but then visit / phone / email to see how you are welcomed.....you’ll then book in for a service and find the receptionist has moved on or is having a bad day!
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465