Macan diesel S

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Pops123

Post by Pops123 »

Hi all. New here after just having sold my F31 335d x drive.

Have decided I'm buying a Macan diesel s. Also considering an X5 40/M50d. Budget around 37k max.

What are the must have options on these? I'd like a Pan roof and 21" alloys. Anything else in terms or resale value?

They seem reliable enough with no major issues reported. Good on mpg as a daily.

Any thoughts welcome and if anyone considering selling/trading in drop me a line pls!!

Macananon

Post by Macananon »

If you need space go for the X5.

Handling and comfort wise the Macan just pips the X5

I have had an X5 and now a Macan so speak from experience.
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

There various threads on hear in terms of reliability... DPF problems, transfer box ( not just Sds) the main one being they have stopped making them, the other is there was a fix applied to the SD . If you are doing high mileage probably the SD is the one to go for, it was my first choice... consider PASM, makes a huge difference.., and could help the re sale.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
VanB

Post by VanB »

Having had an X5 and a Macan I can happily say the Macan is a far superior drive although very much less practical from a space perspective. Both are very good cars but the Macan absolutely trounces the X5 from a driver involvement/enjoyment perspective.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

VanB wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:06 am Having had an X5 and a Macan I can happily say the Macan is a far superior drive although very much less practical from a space perspective. Both are very good cars but the Macan absolutely trounces the X5 from a driver involvement/enjoyment perspective.
+1 although the Macan is hardly small. Just a bit neater all round. Rear boot space just not as loadable. Until I got the macan I thought the X5 handled well for a SUV.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

Must haves ...... that has caused major debate here over the years as one persons must haves is way down the list of another person.

My five bob’s worth:-

PASM
14/18 way seats
PS+
Reversing camera
Pano
Connect
SatNav
Xenons
Mobile phone connection

I would not entertain a Macan without the above.

Others frequently included:-
Spare Wheel
Leather upgrades
Privacy
Interior light pack

Do note that what was an extra on an early model is not necessarily an extra now, and that the PCM system was updated in 2016.

Mobile phone connection was an extra as was the heating controls in the rear.

The standard Halogen headlights are totally the worst feature of the Macan variants that have them and upgraded headlights are a definate must have.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Pano roof and 21" wheels as you mention are pretty much essential for me, I wouldn't buy a Macan without them and seems many trade buyers are of the same opinion as reported on here by people selling. Standard headlights also a total no from me too. Leather upgrade nice to give the feel of a 60k car.
Col M

Post by Col M »

My testing of used SD left me with the conclusion that I preferred the drive on 20" even with Air suspension. Definitely want post June 2016, for latest infotainment system. If there is to be multiple drivers then look for the 14/18 way seats as this gives you the memory package Inc electric steering wheel adjust. I didn't find Adaptive Cruise control with the interior package I wanted, but it was a strong feature consideration.

PS. My feature search (when buying) was:
PASM, Air suspension, Pano, Agate & Pebble, Smokers, 18way, Bose.

Unexpected bonuses were light package,heated steering wheel, entry & drive, compass.
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Welcome to the forum.

You are about to find out the hard way that Macan SDs hold their value. Col Lamb has listed the desirable options. However, if you go on the Porsche website and search "Approved Used Car Locator you will find there are only six examples on sale at £37k or less. None of them are fitted with everything you desire. So you'll either be buying outside the Porsche dealer network or compromising on options. The choice gets better if you're prepared (or able) to pay more.

If your BMW had Bi-Xenon lights, you'll already know how good they are so make sure the car you go for has these.

Happy hunting
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
BigPhil

Post by BigPhil »

The new PCM was from March 2016. I have a 16 plate (registered March 17th) and it was one of the first deliveries with the uprated PCM. Very important to me as I though the previous one was prehistoric.

BigPhil.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH96VJA6