Macan diesel S

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

VanB wrote: ↑Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:25 pm To clarify I had 8 way seats in a GTS which I believe are different
I have the standard 8-way seats in my Macan and they are truly excellent. They are very comfortable on long trips and they grip really well with the Alcantara centers when cornering at speed. They are part electric with manual fore/aft control, which is much faster than waiting for the electric motors to do there thing! I tested the 14- and 18-ways and did not think they were worth the extra money. The 18 way have high bolsters which get filling damaged with driver / passenger entry and exit on the secondhand Macans that I viewed.

So do try before you buy:
the 3 x seating options and materials
Standard, PASM or Air Suspension
Wheel sizes -18, 19. 20, 21" - have an effect on ride quality, handling and comfort levels
Last edited by SAC1 on Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver

Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Comfort entry and drive can be used to get round the bolster issue... personally I think 14/ 18 way seats, sunroof, pasm , are all needed for a good sale.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
RAA

Post by RAA »

Just heard today on the Auto Express Newsletter that Bosch have come up with a method of drastically reducing diesel NOx emissions - so diesel could make a come back soon. Hope Porsche will reconsider, in the light of this.
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Well there are plenty of different opinions! Now mine - I prefer the 20in wheels to 21, both to drive and look at. The 20 and 21 are the same width, both wider than 18 and 19. Actively avoided the pano roof due to the loss of height in the rear (my son is tall and would have had his head on the roof lining when in the back with a pano, but not without). I like the 18 ways, but suspect the 14 might be better overall (wife doesn't like the 18s). PASM is definitely good. I don't have air. Love the heated steering wheel and the children were very pleased to discover the heated rear seats.
Due to the way Porsches are ordered/specced, you won't find 2 the same. And good luck with trying to get your options at that price!
Scott Cowan

Post by Scott Cowan »

Pops123 wrote: ↑Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:29 pm hi all

much appreciate all the very informative replies..exactly what I was after!

Are you able to gleam standard halogen/xenon by looking at them?

with the bmw I was able to decode the vin to get a list of option. do Porsche have anything similar?

Also looked at the 4.2v8 diesel cayenne today..what a beast! another option to consider
Cayenne S Diesel is also noticeably more frugal than an X5 40D.. I ran both side by side last year. Not surprisingly neither car matches the handling of the Macan although it must be said that the Cayenne is tangibly better than the X5 in that department as well and more comparable in performance terms with a 335D. X5 for space though.
Manual 992 GT3 Touring (due January 2024)
2014 LR Defender 110 JE Engineering restomod 4.8L V8
BMW 330E (my wife's car)
Macan Turbo
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

VanB wrote: ↑Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:25 pm To clarify I had 8 way seats in a GTS which I believe are different
Yes the GTS 8 way seats are different.

They still have a flat back but not as much as the standard 8 way which for me at least offer zero lumber support.

My 14 way are the most comfortable seats I have ever had in a car but they were standard in the Turbo but if they were not I would still have paid extra to have them.

Its whatever is comfortable for the Op.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Spud

Post by Spud »

Col Lamb wrote: ↑Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:30 am

They still have a flat back but not as much as the standard 8 way which for me at least offer zero lumber support.

My 14 way are the most comfortable seats I have ever had in a car but they were standard in the Turbo but if they were not I would still have paid extra to have them.

I like the GTS seats as I feel they suit the car , I had 18 way seats on my first 2 Macans and 14 way on the 3rd, I would totally agree with you Col the 14 way seats are the most comfortable
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Spud wrote: ↑Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:27 am
Col Lamb wrote: ↑Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:30 am

I like the GTS seats as I feel they suit the car , I had 18 way seats on my first 2 Macans and 14 way on the 3rd, I would totally agree with you Col the 14 way seats are the most comfortable
Totally agree the high squab and rear bolsters do enhance the great internal look of the GTS.

At least with the GTS and Turbo models they do include some nice standard fitments that were extras on the base and S variants.

Probably a compromise choice will result as the variations of included extras in available cars are vast.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
nicklambo

Post by nicklambo »

Might be looking to come out of mine soon....Really high spec:
Less than 16,000 miles.
FPSH.
21 Turbo wheels.
Air suspension.
Sport Chrono (rare but really worth it...includes launch control if that's your thing but sharpens throttle response enormously plus you get the clock/timer on the dash).
PASM.
Bose.
Porsche Dynamic Light System (Xenon....They swivel in the direction of the steering wheel).
Headlight cleaning.
Model delete.
PCM.
Park assist with reversing camera.
Porsche entry and drive.
Park assist with camera.
Switchable sports exhaust.
Lane keep assist and lane change assist.
Front heated seats.
Adaptive cruise control ( amazing on the motorways).
I think all in all about Β£15,000 worth of accessories...Also almost every button used on the centre panel!
Probably close to Β£50,000 from your OPC but would look at Β£45,000.
Colour is white with black interior. Super clean.
Last edited by nicklambo on Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guy

Post by Guy »

nicklambo wrote: ↑Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:54 pm LED Swivel headlights
Are you sure? These weren't even on the configurator until very late in 2015.