Macan diesel S

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
nicklambo

Post by nicklambo »

Ah...Thanks....I have misplaced my spec sheet somewhere ( Is there somewhere I can get the spec off my vin?)...Headlights definitely swivel though but must be the Xenon's....thanks for the heads up though....I will amend the details...!

Spud

Post by Spud »

Col Lamb wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:23 pm
Spud wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:27 am
Col Lamb wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:30 am

Yes the GTS 8 way seats are different.

They still have a flat back but not as much as the standard 8 way which for me at least offer zero lumber support.

My 14 way are the most comfortable seats I have ever had in a car but they were standard in the Turbo but if they were not I would still have paid extra to have them.

Its whatever is comfortable for the Op.
I like the GTS seats as I feel they suit the car , I had 18 way seats on my first 2 Macans and 14 way on the 3rd, I would totally agree with you Col the 14 way seats are the most comfortable
Totally agree the high squab and rear bolsters do enhance the great internal look of the GTS.

At least with the GTS and Turbo models they do include some nice standard fitments that were extras on the base and S variants.

Probably a compromise choice will result as the variations of included extras in available cars are vast.
The one thing i have learnt with Porsche is to try and keep the extras to a minimum, so with the GTS i have done just that, i was tempted to go with the 14 way but thought “no” i will stick with the standard, not disappoined, similar to the sound system, I have always had the Bose system but this time stayed with the standard system and have not been disappointed
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
Pops123

Post by Pops123 »

Just missed out on this one

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... archad=New

Search goes on. Going to see one today locally just to check on space in rear with 3 kids! Otherwise if too tight will have to look at the cayenne
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Spud wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:06 pm
Spud wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:27 am

I like the GTS seats as I feel they suit the car , I had 18 way seats on my first 2 Macans and 14 way on the 3rd, I would totally agree with you Col the 14 way seats are the most comfortable
Totally agree the high squab and rear bolsters do enhance the great internal look of the GTS.

At least with the GTS and Turbo models they do include some nice standard fitments that were extras on the base and S variants.

Probably a compromise choice will result as the variations of included extras in available cars are vast.
The one thing i have learnt with Porsche is to try and keep the extras to a minimum, so with the GTS i have done just that, i was tempted to go with the 14 way but thought “no” i will stick with the standard, not disappoined, similar to the sound system, I have always had the Bose system but this time stayed with the standard system and have not been disappointed
See you point.

The sound systems do vary, my SD had Bose which was good but needed tweaking to get it to sound right, roll on to the Turbo and the Bose system sounds different and much better with less tweaking needed.

Conversely the original sound standard system was powerful and had a fair number of installed speakers, then roll on to the next generation of audio and it had and still does a less powerful amp and less speakers but it does have the all important improvement in audio quality. We did have a lot of adverse comments made on the forum about the apparent downgrade which it may appear to be but the all important amp fitted to the ciurrent Macans is superior to what was fitted originally.

I would not necessarily upgrade to Bose if it was an extra in the variant that I was considering I would have a good listen to the standard ststem.

Hence my advice which has been consistent for quite a while now is to take a few of your favourite songs on a memory stick and the same songs on an SD card and listen to them in car. I would do this with any car that I was considering buying prior to locking down the spec.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Bernard80

Post by Bernard80 »

Hi Pops123

My SD has recently just gone on the market.

It’s an October 16 reg with just over 14k miles.

It’s black on black 21’s with black interior and much of the spec mentioned by the members here including;

Pano roof
PASM
Nav (actually had the PCM updated this year)
Xenons
14 way memory
Connect plus
Leather pack
Plus more

Happy to share more details if you’re interested.
Spud

Post by Spud »

Col Lamb wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:27 am
Spud wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:06 pm

See you point.

The sound systems do vary, my SD had Bose which was good but needed tweaking to get it to sound right, roll on to the Turbo and the Bose system sounds different and much better with less tweaking needed.

Conversely the original sound standard system was powerful and had a fair number of installed speakers, then roll on to the next generation of audio and it had and still does a less powerful amp and less speakers but it does have the all important improvement in audio quality. We did have a lot of adverse comments made on the forum about the apparent downgrade which it may appear to be but the all important amp fitted to the ciurrent Macans is superior to what was fitted originally.

I would not necessarily upgrade to Bose if it was an extra in the variant that I was considering I would have a good listen to the standard ststem.

Hence my advice which has been consistent for quite a while now is to take a few of your favourite songs on a memory stick and the same songs on an SD card and listen to them in car. I would do this with any car that I was considering buying prior to locking down the spec.
Havent missed the BOSE to be fair , the standard system sounds good but then again Daniel O,Donnell normally does 😉
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

2015 pcm, it grows on one and gets friendlier over time infinataly prefer it to my wife's 2017 october Mazda cx5
Pops123

Post by Pops123 »

Bernard80 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:13 pm Hi Pops123

My SD has recently just gone on the market.

It’s an October 16 reg with just over 14k miles.

It’s black on black 21’s with black interior and much of the spec mentioned by the members here including;

Pano roof
PASM
Nav (actually had the PCM updated this year)
Xenons
14 way memory
Connect plus
Leather pack
Plus more

Happy to share more details if you’re interested.
pm sent..lets hope its within budget!
Deleted User 2325

Post by Deleted User 2325 »

I don't agree with the idea that one ought to keep the spec as limited as possible. It really depends upon how long one wishes to keep the car for.

18 way seats with my back was a no brainer on my GTS... as were leather seats, PDLS+, PANO, PRIV GLASS, PSP, AIR SUS, PASM, PTV, PAS, SP CHRONO etc etc .

Now if I do get banned and have to sell then someone will get a bargain but in the meantime I will continue drive in my own pleasant little world idly wondering if I should have opted for the sound proof glass while I was at it.....
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Macadam wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 10:39 am I don't agree with the idea that one ought to keep the spec as limited as possible. It really depends upon how long one wishes to keep the car for.

18 way seats with my back was a no brainer on my GTS... as were leather seats, PDLS+, PANO, PRIV GLASS, PSP, AIR SUS, PASM, PTV, PAS, SP CHRONO etc etc .

Now if I do get banned and have to sell then someone will get a bargain but in the meantime I will continue drive in my own pleasant little world idly wondering if I should have opted for the sound proof glass while I was at it.....
I strongly recommend the heat and sound resistant glass. On the other hand, as I haven't owned a Porsche without it my view may not be entirely balanced. Having all laminated glass certainly adds to the feeling of security.

I agree with you that you spec the car to suit what you want from the car. One option I won't get my money back on is three zone climate control as it's now standard but you pays your money and takes your choice.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel