Extended Warranty

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Haha, lovely! 😎

So you planning to keep your Macan for a while longer, Guy?
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0

Guy

Post by Guy »

Semerka wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:18 pm Haha, lovely! 😎

Oh yes! According to my wife we need to buy somewhere to live, and then I may be allowed to change my car if there's any money left over … :(
Paul

Post by Paul »

Guy wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:31 pm
Semerka wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:18 pm Haha, lovely! 😎

Oh yes! According to my wife we need to buy somewhere to live, and then I may be allowed to change my car if there's any money left over … :(
Pah! Always getting bogged down with details these wives 😂😂😉😉
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Guy wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:01 pm I extended the warranty by 2 years on my Macan SD today, and had my first MOT. Porsche Wolverhampton kindly waived the 'inspection fee', and lent me this Cayman for the day. Driving a conspicuous car like this certainly takes some getting used to, so I have a new found respect for WingCo! I also think that the residents of Ironbridge were finding the sports exhaust a little tiresome after our third pass through the centre :D

IMG_2138.JPG
That’s a beautiful Racing Yellow Cayman, Guy! 8-)

Very nice indeed. Hope you had an enjoyable day in your cheerfully-coloured loaner. ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Just sold my bright Aqua Cayman S..................................................... miss it ish.............. but enjoying the Macan S especially as it too has 6 pots.........
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Hi Bennachie ( sorry to hijack post) I’m thinking of a cayman s after having another ( speed yellow) one this weekend... could you tell me how you found it to live with? Thanks.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Mike and his Macan wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:32 pm Hi Bennachie ( sorry to hijack post) I’m thinking of a cayman s after having another ( speed yellow) one this weekend... could you tell me how you found it to live with? Thanks.

More likely to be Racing Yellow if it’s a current model Cayman ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Cayman S was wonderful. A bit low so entry and exit not too easy if you are like me and embracing the passage of time. Quick in straight line but not immensely so, its forte is in the corners. The handling balance and cornering precision are tremendous. The 981 has a fantastic soundtrack, the 718 is less endearing to my ears.
The 981 is a great car. I had mine for five years and loved it. The two years previous were spent in a 987 Cayman S. Not impressed with the 718; faster but very little better; loses a lot for me with the four pot motor, is heavier and the fuel economy gains are questionale in the real world (imho).
The Macan S is a suitable replacement, especially as myself and 'the dragon' are getting on in years and less flexible than we used to be.
In addition the 981 was by far the 'best' depreciating car I have ever owned. I got a great deal and OPC sold it on for 6k short of the original purchase price in less than a month.

I do really like my Macan S

Yep, Racing Yellow is current colour from about 2013. Speed yellow is the 'yellower' colour and better for it in my opinion. However, inividuality is a wonderful thing. How boring would it be if we were all the same?
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Caster

Post by Caster »

Paul wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:04 pm Don’t forget to factor in the “check” (101 points from memory) at £200 odd......

Ultimately it’s an insurance policy....risk / cost attitude is yours....but I probably will take it out, but at 2 yrs at the service and “negotiate” the inspection cost😉
I'm with Paul re cost/risk attitude and would certainly take it out if keeping my SD over 3 yrs.

The 111 point inspection is £99 at Leeds OPC (thought same elsewhere) and can be carried out any time up to car being 3 yrs old but, as Paul says, you might be able to get away with some/all of that charge if you take the 4th year warranty out at time of 2 yr/20,000 service AFAIK - but that opportunity obviously too late for you now.

The extended warranty does not include Porsche Assist and that's an extra £169 on top of the £800 extended 4th year warranty charge.

Sorry, but can't help re knowledge of other warranties out there.
Dave

Macan SD - Volcano Grey (with mudflaps) :D
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Thanks bennachie.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊