Long awaited Sapphire Blue now available

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
David B

Post by David B »

Good question! I need to learn how to cut & paste from the configurator to here, but roughly:
PASM, SC and Sports Exhaust
Sport Design 20 with AS tyres
18 way seats + partial leather (black)
Heated seats - F & R
Seat crests - F & R
3 zone air con
£2k for a glorified TomTom, sorry PCM! Grrr!
Black rails & bars
Black window surrounds
Privacy glass
Pano
Plus other odds & sods comes to a shade over £59k eek!
I went for the blue as a lot of new cars (not just Macans, where there was no choice really until sapphire came out) are very monochrome. Hopefully Carmine Red will be available on the Macan for my next one!
Macan S sold; Turbo cancelled. Boxster Spyder - collected 20.05.2016

Mistertoad

Post by Mistertoad »

I went for the blue as a lot of new cars (not just Macans, where there was no choice really until sapphire came out) are very monochrome. Hopefully Carmine Red will be available on the Macan for my next one!

Brave man!

IMHO Porsche need to widen the colour choices to include a darkish red (Carmine?) and a a non Kermit type Green similar to this:

2015 Cayenne S - Sold
2016 718 Boxster - Sold
2016 Bentley Continental GT V8 S
Triple7

Post by Triple7 »

+1 for Sapphire Blue. OPC hasn't given me a date for locking the spec. but I've finally decided on everything anyway
Sold: 2014 Macan Diesel S in Jet Black.
Sold: 2016 Macan GTS in Jet Black.
Cancelled: 2017 Macan Turbo + PP in Jet Black for a RRS.
Ordered: 2019 992 C4S in Jet Black.
To be ordered 2019 Macan Turbo / Turbo S / Turbo + PP. Yeah, it’ll be in Jet Black!
David B

Post by David B »

Agreed, the colour range really does need to be widened, but IMHO subtle greens do not work on Porsches. Astons & Bentleys yes, but not on a Porsche, unless it's a kermit green GT2/GT3.
Chris s

Post by Chris s »

I would like to see diamond white available. That would look great combines with a GTS format.

David B

Post by David B »

Chris S - agreed! It's a leading edge car, let's have some leading edge colours!
Trikster

Post by Trikster »

Chris S - agreed! It's a leading edge car, let's have some leading edge colours!

I'm another one who's holding out for Sapphire... changed to November build for me to be safe

Has your dealer confirmed when your Oct build has to be locked down?

Reason I ask was that I was in another dealer on Friday (long story - possibly getting something a bit different instead of the Macan; still 4wd & Turbo charge though...Big smile ) and had a couple of missed calls from my dealer - he speculated they were probably after my final spec as they had to get November builds locked down this week - though they haven't returned my call since so don't know..
2015 Macan SD
2016 Cayman GT4
2010 Boxster Spyder
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

Trickster, which OPC are you with?
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
Jembo

Post by Jembo »

Cruise still coming up online as chargeable extra and my dealer hasn't said anything otherwise (have ordered std cruise). Is this definite as will have to question that one? Have they added anything else as standard for September build. Biggest fear is that eventually the diesel S will get the SQ5 engine that it should have been given in the first place - if that happens, what will this do to residuals?
Roy

Post by Roy »

Nice spec. Can someone explain what exactly is the sport design pack/side skirts????

Why the CD changer, just stream music from your phone or upload to jukebox?

Triple7: Sport design kit (high Gloss) with side Skirts below: (additional kit is the Sport design Door MirrorsTinted rear and Bi-Xeons lights, Ceramic Brakes, 21" Classic Black Gloss wheels).

Roy2014-08-17 18:25:26
SD - http://www.porsche-code.com/PH4YFGK7 Collected 1st March - Sold

GTS - http://www.porsche-code.com/PH6EC8N2 Collected 1st June 2016 - Sold