Macan 2.0

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Do I look stupid?

OK so that was rhetorical, no need to all rush in and say yes.

Just had a post from my OPC extolling the virtues of the 2.0 Macan, quote, ....its exciting, dramatic and authentically Porsche ..... authentically Porsche, yeah, nothing about it having an Audi 4 pot lump under the bonnet.

Available with accessible finance at only 6.6%.

I drive a Turbo why on earth would I want to downgrade?
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Just received one too.

How strange :? :? :?
Andy352

Post by Andy352 »

Porsche marketing at it's best. What a waste of money. I bought a new Nissan 200 many years ago and often received offers regarding the latest Micra, maybe the then Nissan marketing person has made their way to Porsche.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGTU3KJ5
gtipirelli

Post by gtipirelli »

Col Lamb wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 2:38 pm Do I look stupid?

OK so that was rhetorical, no need to all rush in and say yes.

Just had a post from my OPC extolling the virtues of the 2.0 Macan, quote, ....its exciting, dramatic and authentically Porsche ..... authentically Porsche, yeah, nothing about it having an Audi 4 pot lump under the bonnet.

Available with accessible finance at only 6.6%.

I drive a Turbo why on earth would I want to downgrade?
You forgot to mention that every Macan is based on a last generation Audi Q5 platform and some even have an Audi Diesel engine in them. Why on earth would any of us buy any of these dreadful cars claiming to be authentic Porsche’s 😀
Cayenne E Hybrid
718 Cayman S
Previous : Macan 2.0
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

Ah yes, but, the Audi sourced 3.0 diesels they sold us are so crap, they can't bring themselves to sell them anymore, so probably think we'd much prefer to be in something else?
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S
Macananon

Post by Macananon »

Don't stress. After May 25 you won't get emails, unless you have agreed to get them. In which case it's your own fault if you receive marketing guff.
Caster

Post by Caster »

Yep, got one of those as well with invite to contact local OPC and have a test drive etc of the 2.0L - interesting though as I didn't think they had a demo one!
Might take 'em up on the offer 👍
Dave

Macan SD - Volcano Grey (with mudflaps) :D
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Caster wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 11:38 pm Yep, got one of those as well with invite to contact local OPC and have a test drive etc of the 2.0L - interesting though as I didn't think they had a demo one!
Might take 'em up on the offer 👍
Another 200 mile road trip?
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
BigPhil

Post by BigPhil »

Yep, I got one of those too.

Considering I was deemed unworthy of an invite to the Cayenne launch by the OPC, despite running a two year old Macan (bought from and serviced by them), they've missed a trick there. I'll simply ask for a Cayenne as a loaner when my car is next in for a service (as I did last time with the 718) and conduct my own test drive.

BigPhil.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH96VJA6
грязныйдизель

Post by грязныйдизель »

Didn't everyone get one? I wouldn't take it personally.