Traffic light grand prix

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

What is it about a bright blue Macan GTS that seems to bring out the worst in other drivers.

Today I had 3 heroes at traffic lights ensuring they left me for dead in their minds. Seemed irrelevant that I didn't take the bait on any occasion.

First was a 2.0 diesel hero in his rep standard A4. Then we had a 2003 BMW 330ci complete with the obligatory rusty front wings. Final conquest was a better effort for sure , an M5 which sounds tasty.

Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

It’s great when you’re in that position and can look across to give them the “racing eye” and when they screech off you calmly turn left :D
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Especially at junctions with speed / redlight cameras :-)
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

Oddly good timing this thread, but I (unintentionally, but quite easily) out dragged a Mondeo at a set of lights yesterday. About 2 miles later, the utter dickhead cut across me, by changing lanes without indicating, no more than 2 feet from my front bumper on a sweeping bend! I held back a bit as this was erratic driving, but watched as he then dove two wheels on wrong side of road etc, before reaching the next roundabout and doing a complete 180, so not even wanting to travel in my direction.

Have to say I used to get a lot of 'unwanted attention' of this type in my first 911, but this was a first for the glorified Q5!
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S
Col M

Post by Col M »

Ah I miss Mondeo Man! You probably annoyed him when your acceleration made him drop his Ginsters.
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
VanB

Post by VanB »

Strangely had nobody try to race me in 911 but used to in the Macan and the Cayman. Never have taken the bait but it is usually some pillock in a remapped 2.0 diesel that wants to prove his manhood
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

VanB wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 9:29 am Strangely had nobody try to race me in 911 but used to in the Macan and the Cayman. Never have taken the bait but it is usually some pillock in a remapped 2.0 diesel that wants to prove his manhood
Not generally 'races' with the 911, just a lot of the 'coffee bean shake' and cutting up, from 3 series drivers, although that was in 2006, so I think they moved onto A4s?

The worst ever was getting 'duffed up' by two lads in a Corsa, when I was in my GT3! They were so focused on getting the deed done, they almost caused a combined 100mph head on, had I not thrown the anchor out the back! :shock:
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

Col M wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 9:13 am Ah I miss Mondeo Man! You probably annoyed him when your acceleration made him drop his Ginsters.
:lol:
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

The most problems I had with heroes was when I drove the Boxster. It was mainly idiots in vans who for whatever reason thought they had enough to compete with a 3.4s Boxster. I rarely bothered and actually watched a couple of them get caught in speed traps after showing the guy in the Porsche how quick their diesel Astra van was. Did I lol? You quess :lol:
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Another hero today, this time an Astra on a dual carriageway. It wasn’t his increase in speed that let me know he was trying it was the fact the world turned black with the cloud of black smoke he let out. Not sure his
Turbo would have lasted much of a race. Amazingly he managed to produce that black cloud and not noticeably increase his speed at all lol.