All weather rubber mats

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Northandy

Post by Northandy »

Anyone else on here have the all weather rubber mats? And if you do have do they fit properly?.

I bought a set for my new GTS but the drivers side one doesn't fit it sort of overlays the bottom of the left foot rest but really badly, almost like it's for cars that don't have the footrest. Supposedly there's only one part number figment so it's either those or nothing.

Paul

Post by Paul »

Similar post / issue recently...the consensus was that no, the fit isn’t ideal and yes, they do ride up the footrest a bit.

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=7220&hilit=Rubber+mats&start=20
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Guy

Post by Guy »

^ ... but most of us weren't aware of a problem until it was mentioned on here :roll:
alxgb

Post by alxgb »

Northandy wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 8:39 pm Anyone else on here have the all weather rubber mats? And if you do have do they fit properly?.

I bought a set for my new GTS but the drivers side one doesn't fit it sort of overlays the bottom of the left foot rest but really badly, almost like it's for cars that don't have the footrest. Supposedly there's only one part number figment so it's either those or nothing.
Have the same problem. Irritates the hell out of me.

Weathertech do mats as well but inexplicably, don't do fronts. The backs are better than Porsche OEM coming up a bit deeper meaning that you're less likely to tip any debris all over the carpet as you manoeuvre them out.
Northandy

Post by Northandy »

Apologies should have done a search, I got a refund on them as it just looks rubbish. Seems from the photos they fit better on the earlier cars.
Taz

Post by Taz »

The weather tech mats are available for left hand drive only - they are an American company after all.
So when is this ‘old enough to know better’ supposed to kick in ?

Cayenne GTS - Mar 2022
Cayenne S - Aug 2019 to Mar 2022
Macan Turbo - Feb 2018 to Aug 2019
Cayenne S - Apr 2015 to Feb 2018
Cayenne - Jul 2013 - Apr 2015
BMW R1250GS - since Dec 2021
happy days

Post by happy days »

I have just replaced my rubber mats with the carpet ones. Carpet ones are much smaller and I can see where you're coming from in thinking that the rubber ones are too big.
Macan S D
718 S
Gazoak

Post by Gazoak »

I bought the Porsche rubber mats for my wife's Macan to use over the Winter and have been happy with them. They have "Made in England" stamped on them and they did the job and fitted very well although she hated them as she said there was "nowhere to put her handbag"! Her Macan was registered 31/03/2017 so relatively recently. The footrest however is another story, it is useless and positioned at the wrong angle, too flat, unlike my Cayman's which is perfect. The velour mats are great but the drivers mat is too small and looks more like an afterthought!
2016 Cayman S 981
2018 BMW M3 CP
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

The driver's mat has been designed without a thought of where it sits. A small cut out would have been a great idea. The material is great, easily washed. Mine fit snugly within the footwell.

Gazoak, I am around 6"1 and have no issues with the footrest. In fact, my left foot rests really nicely against the drivetrain tunnel. My seat is as low as it can be with the steering wheel as far out and low as possible. I believe the higer your seat is up, the greater the angle of your leg / foot which must make the foot rest uncomfortable. If you are smaller and sit higher up, the issue of discomfort of your foot resting must get compounded.

Picture below of the offending mat

Front mat.jpg

Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18