Your "In-between" Car

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Since selling my SD I have decided to wait until I know what the facelift version will look like and when it will be applied to the GTS which I plan on being my next Porsche.

For now I am driving a rented Audi A3 Sportback Black Edition but am just about to order an Audi S5 Sportback for the time being.

So I wondered if there are other forum members here in a similar position and what you are driving for now.

As an aside, I spec'd the S5 via Carwow and received a number of offers from various Audi dealers with the most competitive offering just under £10K off the list price!
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver

jk88

Post by jk88 »

Bazza06 wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:05 pm As an aside, I spec'd the S5 via Carwow and received a number of offers from various Audi dealers with the most competitive offering just under £10K off the list price!

20% off mainsteam Audi/BMW/Mercs is the norm these days and should be considered as the base from which to start haggling. Drivethedeal is a good website to keep an eye on which manufacturer is getting more deperate as the quarter end approaches.
Macan GTS - Mar 17 to Jan 23
Macan SD - Apr 16 to Mar 17
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

Sold my Macan in Feb and collected my Cayenne end of April. In between I was saddled with a Lexus NX hybrid. Neither a good petrol engine nor a good electric vehicle. Abhorrent thing. Thankfully now just a distant memory.
Taycan Turbo S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPMJ963

Litchfield tuned Porsche Carrera 4 GTS (991.2)

Sold in Jan 2019 - Cayenne Turbo (E3)

Sold in 2018 - Macan Turbo (15):
GW2015

Post by GW2015 »

We have a 2017 S5 Coupe and its a very complete GT car - and don't forget the engine in the S5 goes into the 2019 Macan as well.

I'd forget about the kids at "Carwow" and just lease it as it is far cheaper/better all round. Be aware that Audi UK have moved to a new pricing policy (called "Agency Pricing") so head office set the discount terms for purchase and leasing on any given model. A lot of the buying sites like "Carwow" and "Drive the deal" are not up to date with this and misquote as a result sometimes......
MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

GW2015 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:21 am We have a 2017 S5 Coupe and its a very complete GT car - and don't forget the engine in the S5 goes into the 2019 Macan as well.

I'd forget about the kids at "Carwow" and just lease it as it is far cheaper/better all round. Be aware that Audi UK have moved to a new pricing policy (called "Agency Pricing") so head office set the discount terms for purchase and leasing on any given model. A lot of the buying sites like "Carwow" and "Drive the deal" are not up to date with this and misquote as a result sometimes......
My only concern with getting an S5 for 18months or so would be the depreciation. I agree with GW2015 that short term (2 year lease) maybe better value. My brother got an amazing 24month S5 leasing deal last year directly from Audi. Check out the leasing deals available on leasing sites e.g. central vehicle leasing/ Select Car leasing and then contact Audi Hereford who tend to match the on line leasing deals.

There are also some pretty good Golf R leasing deals (central vehicle leasing again). Again some VW dealers will match these deals directly which cuts out the middle man.

PM me if you need any contacts.
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

jk88 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:42 am
Bazza06 wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:05 pm As an aside, I spec'd the S5 via Carwow and received a number of offers from various Audi dealers with the most competitive offering just under £10K off the list price!

20% off mainsteam Audi/BMW/Mercs is the norm these days and should be considered as the base from which to start haggling. Drivethedeal is a good website to keep an eye on which manufacturer is getting more deperate as the quarter end approaches.
And there's me thinking I was getting a good deal :D Sadly Porsche don't have such discounts!
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

smithy37 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:09 am Sold my Macan in Feb and collected my Cayenne end of April. In between I was saddled with a Lexus NX hybrid. Neither a good petrol engine nor a good electric vehicle. Abhorrent thing. Thankfully now just a distant memory.
I agree. For tax reasons I had a Lexus CT200. Very well built car but horrible to drive and considerably less economic than a modern petrol engine.
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Thanks GW2015 & MacanArif.

I omitted to say that I was looking to PCP it for 24months but appreciate the links to the leasing companies for comparison. The deal I have at present is £0 deposit so slightly higher payments than those providers who require an upfront amount.

At the end of the term I intend to give it back but hoping that within a year of expiry we will know more about the plans for the GTS.

I didn't know it was the same engine shared between the S5 and GTS.

Great advice as always.
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Paul

Post by Paul »

If you firmly intend to give it back after 24 months then a non-maintenance lease would be worth looking at if only to get a comparison (don’t forget they may not include VAT😉)
Also, if you are “a business” then a lease may also give some additional savings.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Paul wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 1:41 pm If you firmly intend to give it back after 24 months then a non-maintenance lease would be worth looking at if only to get a comparison (don’t forget they may not include VAT😉)
Also, if you are “a business” then a lease may also give some additional savings.
Yes, I took into account the non maintenance aspect as, financially, it makes little sense given the term and number of miles I expect to do.

Unfortunately I can’t benefit from a business lease being a mere employee :)
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver