Turbo vs. Turbo

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
GW2015

Post by GW2015 »

Looking at a couple of very highspec Macan Turbo used cars and would like to get a view/feedback on the 2 on offer. Both are same age/mileage etc so its just a case of the spec vs. spec comparison here.

Based on the current model/Porsche code here are the two cars in question;

1. PJ3R8MJ1

or

2. PJSJ3IU7

Which would sway you and specifically why please.

Thanks

Col M

Post by Col M »

Well for me it's going to be the interior. I went for Pebble & Agate myself, though hadn't considered it with a stealth exterior. Wish I could have stepped up to a Burmester sound system.

Also really dislike running boards on the "smaller" SUVs.
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

It is specced pretty good, black interior much better than the agate/pebble which is brown whatever way you look at it and it is not a popular interior.

ACC on 2 is a big plus, and it has the all important heated steering wheel, I jest not, my heated seats have been used about five times last Winter but lost count of the number of time the heated steering wheel has been used.

Minus on both, no spare wheel, buy more cans of sealant inflator if you buy a Macan with no spare, I had a flat in mine that was beyond saving and had I not had a spare I would have been hours waiting and messed about.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
GW2015

Post by GW2015 »

Col M wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 11:32 pm Well for me it's going to be the interior. I went for Pebble & Agate myself, though hadn't considered it with a stealth exterior. Wish I could have stepped up to a Burmester sound system.

Also really dislike running boards on the "smaller" SUVs.

I've seen the interior of car 1 yesterday and quite like its lightness and contrast..........but there is no getting away from the fact that it's pretty much White which is going to be hard work to keep clean as a daily driver.

From what I can see the Porsche running boards are quite discrete, more about the additional styling touch than a side step you actually step onto to clean it/get in or out......not a deal breaker for me.
GW2015

Post by GW2015 »

Col Lamb wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 12:42 am 2

It is specced pretty good, black interior much better than the agate/pebble which is brown whatever way you look at it and it is not a popular interior.

ACC on 2 is a big plus, and it has the all important heated steering wheel, I jest not, my heated seats have been used about five times last Winter but lost count of the number of time the heated steering wheel has been used.

Minus on both, no spare wheel, buy more cans of sealant inflator if you buy a Macan with no spare, I had a flat in mine that was beyond saving and had I not had a spare I would have been hours waiting and messed about.

As I just mentioned Col I've seen the interior of car 1 this week and the Agate in there doesn't look too Brown to me. The Pebble and Carbon touches set a nice contrast really but I do agree it could be a divisive interior come resale time.

Never had a car with a heated steering wheel so that/s a novelty we have yet to experience!! As for heated seats that is a feature I just won't have any car without.....use all the time and are a total must have - can't see us using the heated steering wheel more than 10-12 times a year but who knows with our weather!?

I have ACC on the S5 and Golf R so know what the benefits of that can be on the Motorway.

Don't really understand the spare wheel thing as I've not had a need to change one on any car for years and years........cue instant puncture on this one in the first week! :lol:

In an ideal world car 2 would have Burmester (if it did i'd have bought it already I reckon) but how good is BOSE in a Turbo anyway? In our GTS the standard system (non BOSE/Burmester) was pretty much fine so with car 2 having BOSE it should be decent/ok yes?
MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

I would go car 2 - like Col says ACC is excellent I've had it on previous Macans and like you have a Golf R. The Bose for me is absolutely fine. I also like the black accents on the outside of car two that you get with the exterior turbo package. It also comes with a Sports Exhaust which i would always spec.

Definitely car 2.
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I drove an agate Turbo with the pebble/agate interior on a bright sunny day and the brown hue was very noticeable. To me it did not gel well, but its not me that matters.

It is a similar thing with the metalic white which in bright light has a blue hue.

Whatever colour you go for you will still have the same problem, in that a Macan is a dirt magnet, especially the rear end.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
happy days

Post by happy days »

Oh, heated steering wheel - I have them on both cars and absolutely would not spec a car without now. Toasty in winter.
Macan S D
718 S
GW2015

Post by GW2015 »

Col Lamb wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 9:38 am I drove an agate Turbo with the pebble/agate interior on a bright sunny day and the brown hue was very noticeable. To me it did not gel well, but its not me that matters.

It is a similar thing with the metalic white which in bright light has a blue hue.

Whatever colour you go for you will still have the same problem, in that a Macan is a dirt magnet, especially the rear end.

Totally agree about how filthy the Macan gets Col!!

Don't like White as, for me, it doesn't work on the Macan shape. It was very sunny yesterday and I liked the interior.....horses for courses here and it would be boring if we all agreed.
uktivo

Post by uktivo »

My turbo was purchase used and absolutely loaded with extras. Some to mention.
Acc
Burmester HiFi.. (It's fantastic sound quality..I wouldn't have paid for it if the car were new, but lovely to have as a used car)
Heated steering wheel. (An absolute must from now on)
Porsche torque vectoring (PTV.. I've no idea if it makes a difference or not)
LED plus lights. (I think this was an extra and love them)
Plus lots of other stuff that I can't recall.

Got to say that I love this car and coming from my 911 c2s that's saying something..

Good luck with your choice.. enjoy the car...
My Porsche history
944 (sold)
911 (992.1 - sold)
Macan Turbo (sold)
Panamera turbo S E Hybrid (sold)
Cayenne sport (the bosses)
Taycan Turbo loving it.