New Cayenne

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
RJMooney

Post by RJMooney »

My diesel hasn't yet arrived but still I think, hmmm, should have had a £5k option for the extra turbo and called it Diesel S+. (SS being a bit of a no-no from Porsche.)
Macan Diesel S; Boxster S; 356 C

Nasher

Post by Nasher »

I notice that the 3 litre diesel is now twin turbo.

Is the base diesel now a twin turbo - are you sure thats not the higher spec Diesel S

Check out the spec of the base diesel, it says twin turbo.
Petrol S - Sold
Turbo PP - Sold
Next - 718 GT4?
macanjack

Post by macanjack »

I must be missing something it says:

Exhaust-gas turbocharger with Variable

Turbine Geometry (VTG)

To me that reads a single turbo and its only pushing out 262 bhp compared to 254bhp of the single turbo Macan

PS, I am reading it from the brochure, where are you reading that!

Nasher

Post by Nasher »

I must be missing something it says:

<p style="margin: 0px; font-size: 8px; line-height: normal; font-family: Helvetica;">Exhaust-gas turbocharger with Variable

<p style="margin: 0px; font-size: 8px; line-height: normal; font-family: Helvetica;">Turbine Geometry (VTG)

<p style="margin: 0px; font-size: 8px; line-height: normal; font-family: Helvetica;">

<p style="margin: 0px; font-size: 8px; line-height: normal; font-family: Helvetica;">To me that reads a single turbo and its only pushing out 262 bhp compared to 254bhp of the single turbo Macan

<p style="margin: 0px; font-size: 8px; line-height: normal; font-family: Helvetica;">

<p style="margin: 0px; font-size: 8px; line-height: normal; font-family: Helvetica;">PS, I am reading it from the brochure, where are you reading that!

Go on the online configurator and build a base diesel cayenne, look at the standard features list.Nasher2014-08-07 20:22:26
Petrol S - Sold
Turbo PP - Sold
Next - 718 GT4?
macanjack

Post by macanjack »

For some reason, I can't go on the configurator but in the brochure plus under "drive" of the model selector, it states variable turbin. If you click on the petrol, it says twin turbo.

The power increase is nowhere near enough for a twin turbo and no ire than the single Macan so I am happy to be proved wrong but am fairly confident.

Apparently according to my dealer the new diesel in the Panamera is a twin turbo and that's 300 bhp
Triple7

Post by Triple7 »

Base Cayenne is a single spool vario geo turbo. The V8 is twin turbo but not sure if it is a sequential turbo or just one on each side??? Triple72014-08-07 21:44:01
Sold: 2014 Macan Diesel S in Jet Black.
Sold: 2016 Macan GTS in Jet Black.
Cancelled: 2017 Macan Turbo + PP in Jet Black for a RRS.
Ordered: 2019 992 C4S in Jet Black.
To be ordered 2019 Macan Turbo / Turbo S / Turbo + PP. Yeah, it’ll be in Jet Black!
Nasher

Post by Nasher »

Petrol S - Sold
Turbo PP - Sold
Next - 718 GT4?
macanjack

Post by macanjack »

That's a good snapshot, ironically 6 lines up and at the top it says "variable turbocharger" (not turbochargers!).
I am not doubting it says it, just that it's wrong.
Good spot though
Nasher

Post by Nasher »

I know what you mean, it doesn't sound right. I was just going off what I read on the config.

Petrol S - Sold
Turbo PP - Sold
Next - 718 GT4?